• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Seriously, this is all your fault. Worst summer ever.

In theory I'm playing 1st XI on Saturday, away at second-bottom Combe II as we try to chase down a second consecutive promotion, but it doesn't look encouraging...
... and even without any rain today, it's off. Stupid country.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I played in 4 matches in the past two weeks, incredible amount of cricket!

Managed:
a duck and 10* - batted twice (no.5 and no.10), a 30 overs friendly, we lost
a duck - batted an no.2, a 40 overs against visitors from Yorkshire, abandoned due to heavy rain, really enjoyable match
0* - batted at no.10, a t20 against Yorkshiremen, lost by 5 runs iirc, I screwed up in the last over
run out - batted at no.11, regular 40 overs league, we lost

Not a most successful 14 days but I enjoyed playing and got a bit experience again. I am looking forward to more cricket :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We got bowled out for 39 chasing 150 today. I opened, and was fifth out for 17 with the scoreboard on 35.

Shambolic. Should have just played for red ink.

On the plus side, no byes in the last three innings.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was involved in a great game on Saturday and after going 0/9 the 4s are 2/2.
Always nice to top score and grabbed a great catch which was nice seeing as I was stripped off the wicket keeping gloves after a 0 byes performance the week before as I was told I was more valuable in the field

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Scored 87 in my first bat of the year and then followed it up with 54.

Bowling remains strong, taking wickets every time I bowl - 8 for the year from 4 innings.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
All the time. Nah, was taking the piss with my scores mate, I just wrote down Siddle's start to the year.

I'm retired

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
All the time. Nah, was taking the piss with my scores mate, I just wrote down Siddle's start to the year.

I'm retired
:laugh:

I'm yet to have an average this year. 2 games, 0* and 4*. Looks like I need to request a promotion.

1 catch (and another that wasn't given), but have conceded 20 byes in two innings. Pretty shocking, and I need to get back into some practice. Doesn't help that I've never seen our bowling attack before and we got a pretty uneven pitch last game.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Played on a very very wet pitch. Decided to bowl a few Underwoods instead of my usual steady, boredom inducing mediums. Took a few wickets. Spin bowling is fun, in the right conditions!