• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

uvelocity

International Coach
won the toss again. not required to bat, bowled a tight nunfa. we won in a canter. took a standard catch at point and had a really hard diving catch at cover until I landed and it popped out. one more game until christmas 1 v 2

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
got out lbw for 11 - went for a sweep shot when I don't even play the sweep. Basically got out to pressure because I didn't want the spinner to dominate me. I should have played him out as he was a top bowler. he bowled it quickly through the air so you couldn't use your feet, yet slow enough to get purchase.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Big, big loss.

Couple of hitters came out and belted us around for a period of about 10 overs, moving the score from 2/90 at drinks to 7/270 at the end of the 40 overs. I didn't bowl, but held on to a skied top edge at deepish mid on.

After my 13 last game (and the loss of 4 of our top 6 batsmen), I got promoted to #5 in the order. Came in against two pretty decent spinners and worked myself in, getting to 10 before smashing a cover drive into the stomach of silly point. He managed to hold on.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Skipped practice this week - and my batting was rank today out for a duck and looked very scratchy.

Need to get some net sessions happening.

My best ever season I was training twice a week. My grade just practices once a week.

uvelocity

International Coach
big game this week for our season. playing top we came in 1 game behind. won the toss (tails never fails) and put on 303 in 35 with 6 lost balls (lol)

knocked em over for 120 odd. 3 wickets and 3 catches for uv. top****'s bat is in high demand and is averageing over the 50 now. good work top****'s bat.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In a clear case of hope over expectation, I've bought myself a brand new bat for Christmas.

Had a first net against the bowling machine on Monday night, and all felt good. Felt myself turning into a pale imitation of Jonathan Trott technique wise, as half my shot seemed to end up with a walk over off-stump. Probably explains why about 90% of my scoring last summer went through the leg-side. Planning on getting the video camera out after Christmas, as I settle in to the sequence of coaching sessions on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday... I'll be interested in hearing what you chaps think of my shots...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In our two dayer we needed 111 to win off 28 overs. I walked out to bat at 45-4 in the 10th over. I got dropped by the keeper first ball. That was costly as I finished 18* and kept my opener company while he bashed them around and scored 57*.
Brought up the winning runs in 22nd over.

My average "rockets" up from 10.6 to 13.6 after the inning.

I am confident I will finish the year averaging between 18-20 runs. Because that is what I average every season.

uvelocity

International Coach
back on the h0rse

won the toss and batted of course. a bloke could win money.

lowish score well padded out by number 10 getting 26* off 16 with 2 sixes and we bowled em out. spinnner with 5 fa

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
On the flip side, the general coaching session went very well and I am pretty optimistic that this particular squad (District U11) should have a good winter and summer.

Tonight also saw the most bizarre answer I've ever heard to the question, "what's the first thing you should do when you go out to bat at the start of your innings?"
Answer: "Ask the wicketkeeper what his favourite pizza is."

uvelocity

International Coach
just did a bit of stats looking. having a decent year to date
leading the bowling average for the team
leading the wickets for the team
leading runouts for the team
second on catches for the team
leading the batting averages for the team
won every toss except one
batted first every game
top of the table

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
just did a bit of stats looking. having a decent year to date
leading the bowling average for the team
leading the wickets for the team
leading runouts for the team
second on catches for the team
leading the batting averages for the team
won every toss except one
batted first every game
top of the table
Where are you placed on the batting aggregates?