• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Cricket Season

jan

State Vice-Captain
The belated scorecard from our last match of the season was finally published. I made 13 with the bat which is good from my point of view.
But my bowling was really Tahir-esque. 3 overs, 29 runs = economy 9.67, beat this Imran! :D

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Scored 11 not out to support our number 3 batsman. We chased down 105 with just 2 wickets down. I got fined for hitting boundaries near the end and not letting our number 3 bat reach 50. I think I lost track of how many there were to win.

uvelocity

International Coach
we didnt get enough. in the poo again. told myself to block, got caught on the fence for a duck, ****

not enough to defend switched around the bowling a lot, didn't get enough wickets

lost my first toss too

all around **** of a day, held my own in the tab thankfully

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Played an awful team today. They did that thing MS Dhoni does by yelling at Oi everytime we hit the ball because they were dissapointed it didn't bowl us. Because they were bowling with a two piece they ran through us as they had a guy who was getting to hoop around.

Very annoying to crumble against a team of such bad sports. Excessive appealing everything. At one point there was a confrontation.

We have to play them again next week as it is a two dayer. We are getting humped at the present. We just can't lose to these Kaaaants I forbid it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
13* batting at 10 (my 5th not out in 7 attempts) and a diving legside catch.

Comfortably pushing 40 degrees out there and I was batting (with helmet) for 15 overs, trying to feed the strike and hang around with our #5 batsman. We put on 50 in 13 overs after a dramatic collapse brought about by poor umpiring.

That took us from a precarious 8/93 to ~140 all out.

I haven't stopped drinking water and powerade since.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
^Don't you self umpire? or do you have professionals?
Every round, one team provides umpires for all games in a particular grade. Basically you play your 12 games a year and umpire 2 more, else lose competition points.

There are also 'professionals' (of which I am one (and I use the term loosely)) who float around as well. Most teams get 2-3 of them per year. Ironically enough, the official umpires are far worse than most of the duty umpires. At present, I am convinced they must have taught everyone else that LBW is not guided by a law, but is rather an exercise in random chance.

I may have entirely misinterpreted this self-umpiring thing.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
When I played in Canada players from other teams would umpire us and the system worked well. In Wellington in the lower grades the batsman waiting to come into bat do the umpiring. The only lbws given are if it is plumb.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
another toss won, and back in the winners circle. 3 wickets and 3 catches :cool:
I got 4 catches yesterday. I have dropped two toughies in gully this year, but they are all tough in gully. So I told the lads if I dropped another one I would give up my spot.

2nd over of the game the guy edges it to me and it starts travelling very slowly to me. I am like cool a catch. But it started to change direction in the air as it got close to me. But I used soft hands and juggled it against my stomach and it stuck and the monkey was off my back.

Got 3 more catches but they weren't gully catches.

We have a gun first slip. And when I am going well at gully the bowlers are loving it.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah gully is my spot, don't often get to field there being an opening bowler, but as captain now I can swing it sometimes. Took the first one there, and the other two at a deepish mid on when they were trying to whack and get the runs

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
yeah gully is my spot, don't often get to field there being an opening bowler, but as captain now I can swing it sometimes. Took the first one there, and the other two at a deepish mid on when they were trying to whack and get the runs
When I first started fielding there I didn't know where to stand as there are two or three legit spots where a gully can stand. These days I know exactly where to stand which is good.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
When I first started fielding there I didn't know where to stand as there are two or three legit spots where a gully can stand. These days I know exactly where to stand which is good.
Where are these magical spots? I keep getting stuck into gully now that I've proven myself as the best reaction catcher in the side (not difficult when everyone else is past 40 or too gun in the outfield), but I have no clue where I'm meant to stand.

Riggins

International Captain
i would say generally in the gully you would be on the line between the stumps and where the return crease meets the popping crease.

if the bowler has some pace, then finer, if slower, then squarer.

as close as you can and still feel comfortable/think you'll catch them. in the gully they often come fast but they often die quickly so the closer the better imo.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There are two gully positions - 1st gully and 2nd gully.

1st gully is where 6th slip might stand.

2nd gully is about two metres squarer.

I stand in 1st gully and they always come right to me.