• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasim the toughest to face

Debris

International 12th Man
This is no surprise. I remember Dennis Lillee bowling in the first warm-up match for tourists to Australia and he was always more dangerous than the other bowlers in that match. Quality can overcome a lot of physical hurdles. Akram may not be able to bowl to his personal standards anymore but he can sure meet the standards of more ordinary cricketers.

We are talking about one of the all-time great bowlers after all.

salman85

International Debutant
Even from the side on camera view,you can tell that the ball he got the guy out on moved in miles.

WAG.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne, Gilchrist and him should come back and play international cricket :p

indiaholic

International Captain
What a legend... I kind of expected him to still be able to swing the ball, but the pace was a surprise.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Should play for India.

To get him to want to play for India we should take Sreesanth's WC medal and give it to Wasim.

amyswan

Cricket Spectator
My All time favorite bowler.. i miss Wasim Akram a lot. The cricket has been changed now and it's become a mess nowadays. People just want to win and sometimes they cheat. But the era was great when we had all time great players wasim, kapil dev, jayasuriya etc. However, i guess McGrath is to some extent great bowler but still no competition with Wasim Akram. I read somewhere Wasim can deliver 7 variety balls in an over. means 7 different balls in just 6 balls. wow what a God gifted talent he has.

Blaze 18

Banned
My All time favorite bowler.. i miss Wasim Akram a lot. The cricket has been changed now and it's become a mess nowadays. People just want to win and sometimes they cheat. But the era was great when we had all time great players wasim, kapil dev, jayasuriya etc. However, i guess McGrath is to some extent great bowler but still no competition with Wasim Akram. I read somewhere Wasim can deliver 7 variety balls in an over. means 7 different balls in just 6 balls. wow what a God gifted talent he has.
:huh:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah reckon the guy was dudded by the speed difference and movement after the first ball than the actual speed of the ball. Would barely be medium pace he was sending down there.

TumTum

Banned
That's the strangest paragraph I have ever read.