• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket feels boring after worldcup

Gooch20

Banned
is it me or cricket feels boring after an exciting worldcup, i mean i dont really care about the Pakistan in West Indies tour, I am pretty sure i wont even follow it ( maybe only test matches)

This Australia in Bangladesh tour was the most useless tour i have ever seen, 3 ODIS just after the world cup against a very weak team, who came up with this genious idea?8-)

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Wattos innings in Bangladesh boring?
I agree thoughbto an extent but it isn't because cricket has become boring, for me it's only because the IPL is on so no test series are happening and every t20 seems to be the same these days.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
is it me or cricket feels boring after an exciting worldcup, i mean i dont really care about the Pakistan in West Indies tour, I am pretty sure i wont even follow it ( maybe only test matches)

This Australia in Bangladesh tour was the most useless tour i have ever seen, 3 ODIS just after the world cup against a very weak team, who came up with this genious idea?8-)
There is always a drop in excitement levels right after a WC and rightfully so, it wont be a WC if it felt the same after it was over.. :)

Cricket will pick up again with the English summer, as has been pointed out already.

pup11

International Coach
As an Australian fan its just insane that I would have to wait for four months before I see my team back on the park, in modern day cricket scheduling a break this long is pretty much unheard of.

TumTum

Banned
As an Australian fan its just insane that I would have to wait for four months before I see my team back on the park, in modern day cricket scheduling a break this long is pretty much unheard of.
Yeah, I think I'll forget about this sport by then.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Well yes, I have my doubts about the levels of motivations of cricketers in IPL after having played for your nation in the biggest cricketing tournament. Could they really care if Mumbai wins it or Bangalore?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well yes, I have my doubts about the levels of motivations of cricketers in IPL after having played for your nation in the biggest cricketing tournament. Could they really care if Mumbai wins it or Bangalore?
Personally I think the motivation for each player to perform at an individual level be it the IPL or the WC will probably be the same or similar, given the desire for sportsmen to do well especially at the international level.

But at the same time I guess we have to acknowledge that the teams have only recently been formed and have barely trained together as a unit. So while the motivation to do well for a player as an individual is definitely there, there probably will be a lack of intensity with regards to the team as a whole. That's probably where a captain plays a huge role. tbh I can't see someone like Sehwag getting a team together and inspiring them as a leader.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I daresay the IPL players want to do well so they can get a better contract next sign up

I'd like the mods to change the title to 'Cricket feels boring after no test matches'

flibbertyjibber

I am excited by the county season starting and can't wait for the test matches to start. Won't be watching any IPL garbage and happy world cup is over. Only so much one day rubbish a man can stand.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watch Mahela's emotions over the last three matches.

Reckon he gives a ****.

Money is an interesting motivator tbh.

vcs

I think they should consider not holding the IPL in WC years. Sure, the public will always be up for cricket, but with the already packed calendar, players burning out etc.. you are running the risk of killing the goose that lays golden eggs. That's probably too much of a long-term view for the people making money out of it, though. :dry:

morgieb

Well given that there'll be no real cricket (apart from the IPL) for 6 weeks, it isn't surprising imo.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't mind the lull in the cricket action. It is a good opportunity for reflection over the events of the World Cup and to contemplate the upcoming tours.

I like the anticipation over many months for an upcoming tour. I cannot remember a time I have ever been excited for Australia playing in New Zealand as it is always a matter of weeks after the end of the Australian season.

Need the gaps between tours IMO.

shivfan

Banned
Well, I for one am more interested in this series than in the World Cup, and that was the case while the World Cup was going on....

Of course the series is about the Tests, because which neutral is seriously interested in the many pointless ODI series that are played year-in, year-out?

I can't wait for the Tests to start....