• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll - Bradman v Tendulkar

Bradman v Tendulkar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
No, not that I think it's even close as Tendulkar isn't even the gleam in Bradman's shoe IMO...but I want to know who stands where so we can see who still lives on planet Earth.

Bradman v Tendulkar, who is the better batsman?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tendulkar by a hundred million miles. Bradman is dead and after rigor mortis set in I can't see him even being slightly competitive.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh yeh, but seriously. Vote for who you think is truly better. Please no joke voting and please keep the voting honest - directed to some of the socks out there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You use the word "is" and therein lies the problem.

It's almost impossible to compare a player of today with a player none of us have ever seen. It's also impossible to compare the game of Bradman's era to the game in Tendulkar's. I honestly think if Tendulkar was chucked in a time machine as he is right now and made to play in Bradman's era there is a good chance he could be a statistical anamoly akin to Bradman, and if the reverse happened I could see Bradman not standing out to the same extent if at all. However that isn't really how it works, your only as good as the time you played in.

Is Tendulkar of the current era better than Bradman in Bradman's day? Maybe, but we have honestly no way of comparing.

That said if Tendulkar was born in Bradman's time I'd say with a great deal of certainity he would have not had the same levels of success as the Don.

smash84

The Tiger King
No, not that I think it's even close as Tendulkar isn't even the gleam in Bradman's shoe IMO...but I want to know who stands where so we can see who still lives on planet Earth.

Bradman v Tendulkar, who is the better batsman?
I can't believe you actually came up with this poll.

FTR I certainly think that Tendulkar is a better ODI batsman than Bradman :p

Tendulkar by a hundred million miles. Bradman is dead and after rigor mortis set in I can't see him even being slightly competitive.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ricardo Powell.
Darren Sammy :ph34r:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
'Is', 'was', whatever. However you think it about or whatever you consider when you compare players regularly; take that into consideration and pick the better batsman from Tendulkar or Bradman. Not looking to start a fight or anything like that. I simply want to know who entertains the thought that Tendulkar is better than Bradman. If people want to discuss, feel free to do so. But please keep it clean and do not troll. Having said that, I am more interested in you voting in this poll than anything else.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
FTR, I will say ahead of time if I feel there are voters who post very infrequently or are new members - essentially a possible candidate to try to ruin this poll - I will disregard, personally. I am not interested in a bunch of fanboys creating accounts or using socks to vote for their hero.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clearly, the future of mankind hinges on the outcome of this poll. :ph34r:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
You use the word "is" and therein lies the problem.

It's almost impossible to compare a player of today with a player none of us have ever seen. It's also impossible to compare the game of Bradman's era to the game in Tendulkar's. I honestly think if Tendulkar was chucked in a time machine as he is right now and made to play in Bradman's era there is a good chance he could be a statistical anamoly akin to Bradman, and if the reverse happened I could see Bradman not standing out to the same extent if at all. However that isn't really how it works, your only as good as the time you played in.

Is Tendulkar of the current era better than Bradman in Bradman's day? Maybe, but we have honestly no way of comparing.

That said if Tendulkar was born in Bradman's time I'd say with a great deal of certainity he would have not had the same levels of success as the Don.
this is an excellent post.

i voted for bradman.

Status
Not open for further replies.