• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most underated players

Andy Flower

Cricket Spectator
In my opinionn Andy Flower is the most underated playre in the world.m He has an average in the mid 50's yet is not considered by many in the 5 in the world. Damien Martyn is also very underated.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
he is not underrated, he is commonly classed as the 2nd best test keeper after gilchrist, i think that on average if you take out 1 or 2 of his tours you would find his average alot lower, remember also that Sangakkara and Boucher are both capable of making heaps of runs

Yeah, but remember that Andy Flower plays for Zimbabwe, a team with not as much experience as some of the other countries, and a youth player system that is sadly, :cry:, not as good as others.

Andy Flower

Cricket Spectator
Andy Flower was ranked #1 but in australia when they talk about the best batsmen they never said him. They always say lara, tendulker and waugh but never mentioned flower. thats my point :lipsrsealed:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And how seriously were the Sri Lankan really taking it? You don't concede 400+ at 6 an over if you're trying hard.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hard enough to get rid of Key and Smith early doors anyway...

Okay, they went off later (Jones and Fleming's assaults) but at the start they seemed to be pretty on it. I think we need Rich to settle this one!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LOL.

1st score check I got was 114-2 after 19 overs - exactly 6 an over. To his credit, Fulton was then on about 75, but this does look good to me. If this is how SL bowl when they haven't got a chucker to tie up one end, then England may very well win a series against the team most misguided punters are calling the second best in the world.

If he could only miss the 1st 2 Tests and let England win, I'd be happy, as then I'll get to watch him at Old Trafford in the 3rd game, which will be meaningless in terms of series result!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You can hardly call it a form check... they were missing Vaas and Fernando as well, it's their first game, Canterbury's a batting paradise, it was freezing cold and wet (by Sri Lankan standards anyway).

They'll be on it come June, wait and see!

Rich2001

International Captain
Canterbury's a batting paradise, it was freezing cold and wet (by Sri Lankan standards anyway).
Hey what makes you think Canterbury is a batting paradise, oh yeah did Kent's 577, Hampshire's 671, SL 375 and Kent's 464 give it away. ;)

Fulton 98 and 116 not a bad start to the season :D long may it continue.

Rich2001

International Captain
You can hardly call it a form check... they were missing Vaas and Fernando as well, it's their first game, Canterbury's a batting paradise, it was freezing cold and wet (by Sri Lankan standards anyway).

They'll be on it come June, wait and see!
You do have to amit that the batting line up will be pretty much the same and yes Jayawardena (sp?) knock was impressive, not quite as good as Fleming's 66 ball 100 assault on the SL attack, half strenght or not they are still players of international caliber.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Nazir is an outstanding young player that has been treated very badly by the Pakistan selectors, hopefully Nazir he will now get some regular gametime now that he has put a few hundreds on the board.

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Mervyn Dillon and Shivnarine Chanderpaul.

Dillon's 4 wickets in each innings against India was excellent, and Chanderpaul's century was brilliant. If Andy Flower is underrated, then why is he so far up the batting rankings?

With Andy Flower, when most ppl mention keeper-batsmen, most automatically think of Boucher, Gilchrist and Stewart, never Flower first. I don't think, that other than world rankings, Flower doesn't get enough recognition