• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most underated players

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bell should have at least been named in the squad for Edgbaston. Sarwan's averaging 40+ or something like that... I wouldn't mind someone English not hitting tons if they constantly got 40s. Far better than someone going 70-0-80-10 or whatever...

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Hi everybody, this is my first post... :)

Sarwan is just pure brilliant, still...he has some issues with losing concentration after settling in and scoring a 50. Did you know that in his last 9 or 10 tests he is averaging around 53 with his lowest score being 16 !

Ricardo Powell is the most underated young West Indian BY FAR, when he is at his best he really reminds me of Vivian Richards. He hasn't had a good chance to play test cricket as he was omitted after one test.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ryan Hinds deserves a decent test chance too, but then again he's still only 19 (or was during the U19 World Cup) so I guess he'll be around for a long time to come.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ryan Hinds is a brilliant young talent. He should be givn a chance but there is no room for him in the WI team unfortunately.

As for Ricardo Powell, he's a joy to watch when he's at his best. However, he is very rarely ever at his best. He is one of the most inconsistent players in the West Indies.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats the state of the domestic level over in the West Indies?, I always hear about these new players like Gayle who tear up the other island teams but can't do it to any of the international ones.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gayle played brilliantly in the ODI series in Sharjah v Pakistan earlier this year. He's had some decent form in international cricket.

The regional first class competition in the WI is the Busta Cup. It's pretty well run and competed for. The problem with it is that it is too short. Much too short. It lasts less than two months.