• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trades

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Who would you be willing to trade in your team in order to make it stronger?

For example, if you are a Pakistani fan, would you be willing to trade Asif (assuming he were still playing, that is) for a good opener - say Sehwag? Or maybe a middle order batsman, say Devilliers?

Or, would an Indian fan be willing to trade Tendulkar for Steyn?

Or, would the Saffer fans be willing to trade Kallis for, er, ah, a spine! (Just kidding......I think...?)

You get the idea!

Thought it would be fun to think along these lines. Could even extend it to all time teams, I suppose.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Would gladly trade

Harbhajan for Swann
Nehra for Tsotsobe
Tsotsobe for Johnson or Broad ( better bats )

Flem274*

123/5
I reckon Aussie would trade us a half decent young pacer/batsman in exchange for a half-decent young spinner like Astle or Beard.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Would gladly trade

Harbhajan for Swann
Nehra for Tsotsobe
Tsotsobe for Johnson or Broad ( better bats )
why would SA or England opt for an inferior product the trade should be of similar capability or something you would need.

Danish Kaneria >Tim Paine

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who wants Ben Hilfenhaus?! He's really good! Trust me! He's great! He wouldn't've played 4 tests in the most recent Ashes series if he wasn't! Come on! This is an once in a life-time opportunity!

Flem274*

123/5
Mark Cosgrove for Todd Astle or Beard? It isn't like you have any intention of picking him.

Besides, I want to see him bat with Jesse.

Flem274*

123/5
Who wants Ben Hilfenhaus?! He's really good! Trust me! He's great! He wouldn't've played 4 tests in the most recent Ashes series if he wasn't! Come on! This is an once in a life-time opportunity!
I think we'll stick with Jeetan Patel thanks.

Xuhaib

International Coach
had Aamer and Asif were available then Gul & Wahab for Gambhir and Pujara would be my dream trade.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
would the indians turn up their noses at hilfy? granted, he is not champagne quality and neither does he wear a dead cat on his head which, it must be admitted, takes some goolies.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we'll stick with Jeetan Patel thanks.

don't mind Danish Kaneria for Tim Paine. but then i don't rate paine too highly. anyone want Peter "big heart" Siddle?

He's really good! Trust me! He's great! He wouldn't've played 5 tests in the most recent Ashes series if he wasn't! Come on! This is an once in a life-time opportunity!

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH Pete Siddle is probably the first of our test bowlers from the Ashes that I'd actually keep...