• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question for the Aussies here- TV rights court case....

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Just heard that Ch 10 is currently/has been in court for some time over the rights to show the 2011 IPL, starting this week. As such there will be no coverage at all in Australia of the IPL. Does anyone have any more details or know anything about this? One HD has no IPL on their tv guide.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
From what little i can find online, seems your correct and One won't be showing it, hence it won't be on tv at all in australia.
Does youtube still have the rights for it online?
It seems BCCI are in a large court case with the provider who sold rights to Ten for the coverage. Ten's opted not to show it because the court case is ongoing. Sounds pretty shady but then again isn't everything involving the IPL?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Channel Ten will be too busy with it's new shows Reinhart and Andrew Bolt Live.

robelinda

Dont care much for IPL, but love Gilchrist! Really sad all the fans here wont be able to see it, youtube is hard to watch for live stuff, but i guess i have no choice.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MY tv guide from the sydney morning herald,says 2 games are on,what yours tv week?
Be pretty disappointed if a poster as bright as robelinda reads TV week tbh, a magazine whose readership has an average age and IQ of 14.

brockley

International Captain
Main reason i got tv hd was because of ipl,i guess that could mean champions league could go as well.
Same package.

robelinda

Be pretty disappointed if a poster as bright as robelinda reads TV week tbh, a magazine whose readership has an average age and IQ of 14.
Yes that would be some enormous fail indeed!!!!! :laugh:

No my one hd guide on the tv has nothing listed, nothing on the one hd online tv guide. So i figure nothing is on!

Jayzamann

International Regular
Silver lining, my sleeping patterns won't get so maggoted this year.

It is frustrating though. The amount of times onehd have had to pad their programming out with those cheesy surfing montages and **** like the Hitman movie is astounding.

Noble One

One HD has gone downhill in the past six months. The real appeal of the channel was being able to watch some of the sports that were unavailable for non pay-tv viewers (NBA, European Football, MLB and NFL). Now they fill primetime with unrelated “extreme” documentaries (Ice Road Truckers, Axemen etc) and movies with no sporting relevance.

The lack of IPL is another killer blow to the channel.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Should be some good telly on ONE HD at 7pm this Friday night... at least it better be good, considering we're helping Channel Ten out so much....

brockley

International Captain
Yep confimed no ipl and champions league as well,or so i gather the girl hung up on me,i guess i shouldn't have asked about the court case.

robelinda

Yeah I didnt get very far on the phone either!!! Dont quite understand what the deal is, Ten have an issue with the broadcaster???? No-one else is going to step in and show it????

robelinda

No, actually the WSG is suing the BCCI for wrongful termination of contract. India sold the tv rights to WSG for 10 years, but then for some reason terminated the contract within the last year and sold it to someone else, but as WSG is suing the BCCI the new company cant show the IPL, in any country outside Asiai I think. It will be local.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
WSG apparently paid illegal payments to a company in mauritius and There was some facilitation fees paid between MSM and WSG Which are contentious.

It's all a bit messed up as always with the IPL. And Now that Modi is gone expect it to get slow resolutions.