• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tendulkar's career now "complete"?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope he carries on for as long as he is good enough - and I can't see him not being for a while yet

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I would like to see him bat at 3 for India to see what type of scores he can put up with the extra time at the crease.

smash84

The Tiger King
Considering almost every Indian player mentioned Sachin when commenting about what they were feeling when they won the World Cup, it's a bit harsh to expect the Indian fans to think differently too.
yeah, will agree with this assessment.

amyswan

Cricket Spectator
I guess Tendulkar is still fit enough and can turn the tables in a match. Sometimes i get envy of him and the mind blowing records he has got on his credit. I guess Indian Govt should honor him with a national award now. As far as his retirement concerns, i guess he's still fit enough to participate in few more series.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't think that the Indian government honoring him with some award will really add greatly to his stature.

pup11

International Coach
The ideal thing for him to do would have been to hang his boots after winning the worldcup on his home ground, it would have almost been like life coming a full-circle for him.

Having said that he still has the drive to play on and therefore he should keep playing for as long as he can becuase let's be honest the game of cricket would certainly be poorer without him and we all are just privileged to have been able to see him play.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
he must have list of things to do pinned up on his fridge under a lara magnet!

50 odi 100s
a win in australia
a triple century
a 100 at lords
winning the test championship

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
...... and of course when he finally does stop playing his career won't be complete until he has taken the record for the heaviest and longest recently retired cricketer's autobiography, currently held by Steve Waugh

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thing is, the only thing deciding whether Sachin goes or stays is, well, Sachin. It's not as if he's just contributing enough to stay in the team like you'd imagine Ponting will from now on (at the very least, he has a lesser role). He's still India's gun. I find that more impressive than the mere fact he's scored so many runs or scored so many hundreds. Every time he walks out, he's still the wicket the oppo wants more than any other in the line-up whereas I bet very few bowlers feel that way about Ponting any more.

As an aside, he's usually so measured but it was awesome to see him lose his **** like he was a 21-year-old winning the cup. I bumped into him a couple of years ago in Adelaide Arcade, had a real bouncy energy about him. Inspirational.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Thing is, the only thing deciding whether Sachin goes or stays is, well, Sachin. It's not as if he's just contributing enough to stay in the team like you'd imagine Ponting will from now on (at the very least, he has a lesser role). He's still India's gun. I find that more impressive than the mere fact he's scored so many runs or scored so many hundreds. Every time he walks out, he's still the wicket the oppo wants more than any other in the line-up whereas I bet very few bowlers feel that way about Ponting any more.

As an aside, he's usually so measured but it was awesome to see him lose his **** like he was a 21-year-old winning the cup. I bumped into him a couple of years ago in Adelaide Arcade, had a real bouncy energy about him. Inspirational.
Yup, that is what is truly amazing about him - be the team's most important player over a stretch of 150 test matches.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
...... and of course when he finally does stop playing his career won't be complete until he has taken the record for the heaviest and longest recently retired cricketer's autobiography, currently held by Steve Waugh
:laugh: I'd still queue up to buy it.

Sachin has to go down as the best player of the modern era. He is just one of those generational athletes like Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, Lance Armstrong, Michael Jordan etc who comes along and makes everybody else look like amateurs. Record after record just keeps tumbling and I think he has set the bar so high no one is ever going to be able to clear it.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
:laugh: I'd still queue up to buy it.

Sachin has to go down as the best player of the modern era. He is just one of those generational athletes like Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, Lance Armstrong, Michael Jordan etc who comes along and makes everybody else look like amateurs. Record after record just keeps tumbling and I think he has set the bar so high no one is ever going to be able to clear it.
the bar so high in terms of??? runs scored? average per innings?? number of match winning knocks???