• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tendulkar's career now "complete"?

Bun

Banned
With the WC win, has he ticked off all the possible boxes in an unparallelled career? Most runs in both formats, top scorer in ODIs, WC, Champions Trophy..

Maybe one can add series wins in Aus and SA but that might just be taking it too far. Although he definitely has a chance later this year to correct the record in Aus.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Maybe he should retire right now.

Like Bradman (99.94), 99 international centuries (not 100) has a memorable ring to it - that little bit if fallibility.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He could always shoot for 20,000 ODI runs. That's a nice round number, and it's not far away.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, time for Sachin to Quantum Leap out of there, I reckon ;)

It's hard to really know whether Sachin himself would consider this to complete his career. Would he be more desirable of taking India to the pinnacle of cricketing excellence that Australia once earned? Making India the undisputed #1 in Test cricket would be a fitting way to move on from World Cup glory.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This hack's career won't be complete until he has at least one Test 5-fer.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once we win in Australia it will more or less be. A few more centuries to put some seperation between him and the rest and he's good to go. Hope he stays on a while though.

centurymaker

International Captain
He's only had 3 innings over there mate. @ spikey

He needs to get at least a 50 at Lords!!!!!

Last edited:

vcs

I am the biggest fan of Tendulkar, but come on, India won the World Cup, not Tendulkar. We should stop this obsession about what his career looks like every time India achieve something.

Spikey

there should probably be like a chart or quiz or something to help determine just how big a fan of sachin you are

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India are #1 in Tests, he's scored 50 centuries in the format, and now he has just won the world cup on his sixth and final try (remember he was into tennis but like millions of others, got into cricket after 1983 WC...so this was always his dream).

I think he needs one more international century and will have a career that'll take some beating in terms of pure numbers (well he already does, I don't see many people scoring 99 international centuries).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Coming from a decade (the nineties) when India's overseas record looked like this, it's some turnaround and I think he'll be pretty damn content with his achievements.

If there is a Test championship in 2012 like it is being talked about, then that might be the ideal end.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He should have one more crack at winning in Australia. That's the only real thing missing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Considering almost every Indian player mentioned Sachin when commenting about what they were feeling when they won the World Cup, it's a bit harsh to expect the Indian fans to think differently too.