Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Greg Blewett Interview - Comments, Suggestions, etc.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar

Greg Blewett Interview - Comments, Suggestions, etc.

Hey guys.

Well as I'm sure you saw at the front-end of the site, I interviewed Greg Blewett a little while ago.

It was my first interview with a 'celebrity' and even though I thought I did well, I'm sure there are things I could have improved upon.

I ask because it's likely that I'll be doing some other interviews with players such as Paul Rofe, Jason Gillespie and maybe even Greg Chappell. That'll be a biggie!

So I'd like to invite comments about this interview whether they be positive, negative (constructive!) or neither. Were there any other questions I could/should have asked?

Also, if there are any questions about the interview itself ("Was he a nice guy?" etc.) you'd like answered, I'm all ears. Any other questions about Greg himself would be welcome too.

So fire away but be nice!
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    was he a nice guy???

i though that it was strange that he rated himself a reasonable chance of making the AUts team, you'd think that GHussey, Katich, Clarke, Bevan, Maher, Love etc would be ahead of him
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

U19 Cricketer
    Well done Top_Cat! Is this the first time we've had an interview on this site?
    There's only one Darren Gough!

It is Paul! Simply great stuff from Corey (top_cat)! 8D

[Edited on 4/30/02 by James]

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    yea i must say it was pretty interesting

you could ask him some questions maybe on what goes on in the australian team ? who likes what food lol etc :P

keep it up and i would sure like to see and read some more
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    was he a nice guy???
    Smartarse.

Actually he is a very nice guy, quite reserved actually. Very open and honest without a trace of arrogance, which is surprising because you'd think it would take a sort of arrogant confidence in yourself to reach the level he has. But no, Blewwy is a very cool, uncomplicated guy, not to mention a doting father.

So in short, you'd struggle to meet a nicer guy I believe.

i though that it was strange that he rated himself a reasonable chance of making the AUts team, you'd think that GHussey, Katich, Clarke, Bevan, Maher, Love etc would be ahead of him
    The common factor between those guys is that none of them bowl regularly. Blewwy is looking to bowl a little more for SA so if he were to make the side, he'd probably get picked as an allrounder rather than an outright batsman. He recently took 6/15 in our local Grade final so he's still bowling pretty well.

Plus with the determination required to reach the top level, you'd question his attitude if he said "Nah, there's no way I'll get picked. The selectors suck.". As it was, he seems to have a quiet optimism about him. Good on him.

It is Paul! Simply great stuff from Corey (top_cat)!
    Thank you, thank you I'm here all week.

Seriously I'm sending the URL of the site to almost everyone I know so I'm sure we'll see some increased traffic as a result.

you could ask him some questions maybe on what goes on in the australian team ? who likes what food lol etc
    True I could have but time was limited and I wanted to ask him some more purely cricket-related questions. Plus, a lot of that stuff is quite secret (the inner sanctum stuff) and I didn't want to risk intruding upon that, though I'm sure he would have been honest about it.

Anyway, I figured that this is a site more for people who love the game itself and asking questions about his favourite food, turn ons etc. would probably have resulted in everyone telling me what an idiot I am for wasting the opportunity to ask him about his favourite innings etc.

To be honest, I like the honesty of this site more than any other. It tends to ignore the side issues of cricket and focus on the game itself, hence why I was glad to join. Also, I get the feeling that we're on the cusp of something big here (the 'spirit' is right I guess!) so I want to be a part of it and help it along any way I can. I mean, none of us updaters get paid for contributing articles; we do it for the sheer fun and love of the game and that can't be anything but a good thing, which is why I was very happy to do the interview and write some articles.

Anyhoo, watch out for more to come!

Cricket Spectator
    Well done on the very informative interview Corey! You need to gatecrash the next Redback’s barbeque for a Jason Gillespie and Darren Lehman interview.

[Edited on 5/7/02 by Igor Clubshub]
    Igot Clubshub - Inventor of the 7 day underwear

U19 Cricketer
    Try and do more, it's really good, and different.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    i hadn't really thought about it before but he has to be a chance in the ODI side with his bowling

i play cricket with a gy over here in sydney who is best mates with greg blewtt. his name is hookey. he is a keeper batsmen and played with blewett inu19's sa. hockey went back to sa for his 30th and blewett was at his party. and hookey was telling me about the grade final where blewett took 6/15.

amasing
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Mate what a Ledgend, can i interview him next time?????
    Pleeeeeaaasssseeeeeee

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    just wrote to say

lol :P

Thread Information