• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2011 Draft

kingkallis

International Coach
Dear CWers,

After a decent success of 'World Cup 2011' Draft we have decided to go ahead with IPL 2011 Draft.

Rules :

1) - Each participant can have maximum 2 players from each franchise.

2) - Each participant have to select 12 players

3) - Participants can have maximum 5 foreign players in their team.

4) - Each participant will have to pick their player in 6 hours. There will be NO penalty and you can pick whenever you come online after missing your turn.

5) - There won’t be any penalty for wrong picks either. If someone has selected a 3rd player from the same franchise or a player who has already been selected then they will still be allowed to name their player immediately.

6) - Performance of the players in 'IPL 2011' will decide the winner of this draft game instead of voting.

Points based system would be employed and runs, wickets, catches, run outs, stumping, ERs, SRs will be taken into consideration. Detailed point system will be posted soon.

7) - Participants / teams will have to make sure that your teams has one of the following combination :

5 batsman | 3 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers
4 batsman | 4 all rounders | 1 wicket keeper | 3 bowlers

8) - There will be NO REPLACEMENT for injured players and thats why we have extended this draft to 12 orders / 12 players.

Interested members please post in the thread. We will start the game only if we can gather 6 people.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
MarcFAN has a vacancy to join a successful team. Needs to be SH based to cover for the periods when I'm asleep - any applicants?

kingkallis

International Coach
1. KingKallis
2. Howe_zat
3. weeman27bob
4. marc71178
5. Blakus
6. GingerFurball
7. Morphlai ( M0rphin3 + Athlai )
8. Blaze_18
9. Somerset
10. xanderbiscuits

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
do you have a list of players you consider to be batsmen/bowlers/allrounders?

Also why don't you pick first then since you're top of the list and if anyone wants to join before we get to the bottom of the list then add them on

if someone wants to join after we've done a full circuit or more then add they can buddy up with someone or tough luck?

But anyway

gogogogo :)

Maximus0723

State Regular
I must say this is going to be fun just like the WC draft which I followed quite regularly even though I wasn't participating.