• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BBC: In-depth interview - Shoaib Akhtar

angad

U19 12th Man
BBC Sport's Alison Mitchell is given a rare interview with former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar who has retired from international cricket.

"There is so much poverty, so many orphans, kids are turning towards becoming suicide attackers, I plan to set up a foundation, a trust to help these people, I will do it brick by brick. I am not going to keep a beard, force religion on others, yes I believe its good to pray but its your own thing, I dont want to become a religious person who only prays for himself but doesnt bother or care about others"

Listen to full Interview - BBC Sport: In-depth interview - Shoaib Akhtar

Legend Akhtar, I salute you. :thumbup1:

salman85

International Debutant
Shoaib WAG.

Even when he retires,there's the hint of arrogance and confidence about him.But it's fantastic.I love the man's honesty.

"Idiot Chariman" :laugh: Up Yours Naseem Ashraf.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I am skeptical about this. Don't know how much motivation Shoaib Akhtar really has to carry out his plans. He could never motivate himself enough to keep fit or stay out of trouble.

Shoaib probably looking to redeem himself in some ways after retirement. I hope he does some good but what a waste of talent. However I do believe that they did the right thing in the mid to late 2000s for kicking him out of the team. He was such a bad influence on the team.