• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the Bradman cup

slugger

State Vice-Captain
every four years after the 1st true test league table has been running the 4 top teams should play for the bradman cup in honour of donald bradman.

Im guessing day night test cricket will be the norm by then its not like the tournment would be hard to implement.

maybe the ICC should use such a tournement such a cup as a motivator for all test nations to participate in a fair and eqaul league format even if it has to take on a divisional concept. with promotion and religation.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Seeing as its the Bradman cup maybe they could raid the nursing homes and find some 99 year old former cheerleaders......lift them legs ladies!!!!! Give me a B...give me an R....give me an A...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Here is my proposal for the details

The format should be a best out of 3 semi final - followed by a best out of 5 final - all played in England.

To make this work the bottom 4 teams would have to have a similar playoff amongst themselves for the lower ranked placings at the same time in another country. This would mean that all countries could build their calendar around having cricket games during this period. Otherwise all countries in the world would have to hold the time open not knowing if they would be playing.

An incentive for the lower ranked teams to participate in the playoffs would be that they would earn preferential touring and scheduling privileges for the following 4 years depending on their performance. And the knowledge that they had finished 6th instead of 8th in the rankings.

Only issue is that if England doesn't qualify for the top 4 will they support having playoffs in their country.