• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Punter signs

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think he's only there for 6 weeks, and if the scheduling is the same as this year, he'll play about 2 CC games.

Are the fans happy?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Somerset are assured that they won't lose every game next season :P (... they'll draw at least 2 ;)).

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
They better let him open the batting, captain, vice-captain, wicket-keep, and become coach. after all hes done for them, its the least that somerset could do.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Are the fans happy?

Well nothing ever happens here, so the local papers have gone ballistic... Im not very happy that he is just here for six weeks.. Oh well better than nothing...

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Transfers

Hi folks, I am still updating www.somersettalk.co.uk from time to time so keep your eyes open until I get completely fed up and close the site. As long as there's interest, you never know....

If you want info on the latest transfers, look on the headlines on the homepage of www.somersettalk.co.uk

In short:

IN:

Ponting
John Francis
Another county fast bowler??

OUT:

Steffan Jones
James Francis

I would be surprised and a little disappointed if the changes in personnel stopped there. Certain players at the club would be lucky to get away with another poor season.

John F - Editor
:D

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
James!!

James Francis. That well known cricketer!! Actually meant John Francis, brother of Simon and opener for hants.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I know who John Francis is, I just wondered why you had 'James Francis' under 'Out'.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oops!

James Francis was actually meant to be James Bryant but I was being a dumbass! Sorry!
You must be particularly gutted about Bulbeck's retirement. I interviewed him for the Taunton Times a few weeks before all his back problems started a few years ago and he was dying to start the new season.