• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** West Indies Cricket Documentary ***

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, but there's a big difference between it being "personal" and wanting to beat England just because it's England. The colonies-hitting-back point of view still holds in India and Australia and I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case in the Windies as well.
But as I stated, Marshall told this person it wasn't the case.

They wanted to win of course, and some of the supporters might have felt it (certainly in the mid 70s when some of the attitudes towards those of WI origin living in England were dreadful) but the team never felt it was 'colonial'.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but there's a big difference between it being "personal" and wanting to beat England just because it's England. The colonies-hitting-back point of view still holds in India and Australia and I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case in the Windies as well.
Not here it doesn't. It's just the longest rivalry in our sport.

Merve'sTash

Cricket Spectator
Very glad to see this manificent film being discussed from all points of the globe- interesting.

Fwiw I think its quite possibly the greatest film ever made. No sh*t. You can take your Citizen Kane, Einstein, Godfathers, Norbit, and dare I say it even your Empire Strikes Back: this pips the lot. For eg: Empire Strikes back had a couple of good songs, a great story and nail-biting scenes. Fire In Babylon has -the- best soundtrack ever on film, an even better story 'cos its true, and a real, scarier Darth Vader in Michael Holding.

I got a Q for the UK folks on here: Im trying desperately to get the soundtrack to it, and alas its not (unforgiveably) available on an album soundtrack. But it has afaict been done as a soundtrack onto spotify, by some marvellous chap, but I cant get it/ access it (tried xxx times). Is there any way this can feasbly be copied onto a cd?

MT

Jager

International Debutant
I'd love a copy of the soundtrack too, especially Nelson's Mento Band playing at the start and the song that plays over footage of Richards in '76. Amazing documentary though, I've watched it 15+ times the entire way through. I especially loved the Gordon Greenidge 214* footage and the king hitting Hogg into oblivion after being hit in the face. Makes me desperate for a West Indies revival; I can't see where it is going to come from though :(

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I saw the DVD of this recently, and one of the best parts was actually one of the Extras, where you had various different opposition players describing the West Indies pace attack. You really got a sense of the terror batsmen had. Stories of guys vomiting in the back and faking injuries etc. Crazy. It was like soldiers about to enter combat.