• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thought it was about time for this as the MCC take on Notts in Abu Dhabi. The MCC has already been reduced to 17-3, with star man Rahul Dravid getting a second ball duck. Moore and Malan are starting a recovery. Live score updates can be found on the BBC.

Who are we backing for the title this year? Yorkshire for me, but of course.

Somerset remain the favourites, I get the impression Yorkshire and Hampshire are good bets.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yorkshire for teh drop.

Wouldn't be surprised if Notts win again

Moore out btw. 68/4 Fletcher has 3fer, wonder if he can kick on a bit this year.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid WAG. :wub: Good to see he's keeping himself busy, can't wait for the Tests in WI and England later this year.

Howe_zat

Audio File
MCC up brownwater creek at 184/9. Samit has taken 3/23 off 17.1 overs, clearly bowling well or at least keeping it tight.

Hamid Hassan walks in at #11 - in a tail where Steve Kirby was batting #8. His highest FC score is 7* from 8 matches. He tonks his first three balls in a row for four and then hits another 3 to keep the strike at the end of the over.

Next over, he hits Luke Fletcher for four first ball. He's on 19 off 5. Love him so much.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would suggest, as I normally do at this time of year, that this will be the year that the Championship finally comes back to Old Trafford, but for once even I really can't see it happening

I think Somerset will win it this year

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome stuff from Hassan :laugh:

Will hopefully see some domestic stuff this summer, planning on a few visits to Taunton

Woodster

International Captain
Thought it was about time for this as the MCC take on Notts in Abu Dhabi. The MCC has already been reduced to 17-3, with star man Rahul Dravid getting a second ball duck. Moore and Malan are starting a recovery. Live score updates can be found on the BBC.

Somerset remain the favourites, I get the impression Yorkshire and Hampshire are good bets.
Not done enough thorough research just yet on all the sides, but providing Durham avoid the terrible injury problems they endured last season, think they can once again be in the frame. Gone under the radar so far this pre-season in terms of people backing them, but they do still possess a strong bowling attack, and Colly's return will be a boost and should supply runs to a top order that needs that bit of consistency. Somerset definite threats, so too the Champions. I tipped Hants for success last season, they let me down badly so despite a strong looking side, I ain't going to back them.

Yorkshire for teh drop.

Wouldn't be surprised if Notts win again

Moore out btw. 68/4 Fletcher has 3fer, wonder if he can kick on a bit this year.
Hopefully so, his season was interrupted with injuries last season so be nice if he's fresh and firing.

I would suggest, as I normally do at this time of year, that this will be the year that the Championship finally comes back to Old Trafford, but for once even I really can't see it happening
I think Somerset will win it this year
Think Lancs may really struggle this season. The signing of Farveez Maharoof may be less spectacular than some overseas signings in the past, but he should be relatively reliable, probably more effective in the shorter forms.

They again look short on batting, if it wasn't for the combination of the overseas players last season they'd have really struggled. Horton can't have a worse season though and Moore will hopefully be available all season. I like Steven Croft, just think they're going to struggle to put big scores on the board.

Samit supposedly looking more fitter and leaner than he has for a long while :-O
That will be a surprise. Six-pack Samit in 2011!!!

Jacknife

International Captain

Yes, I'm backing the shout for Yorkshire, but then again I always do.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great to see the Afghan guys gaining such experience, must be awesome for them to play alongside the likes of Dravid and Rogers. Ali Brown still going at 41!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yorkshire for me, no doubt. Lancashire to bottle it again. Somerset, Notts and Durham will be there too but i am backing Yorkshire with their excellent crop of kids to come out on top, only problem could be losing too many players to England.

Woodster

International Captain
Luke Fletcher picked up another four in the second innings (with three wickets still avavilable), will be a good workout this for him before the season gets underway, hope he can hit the ground running after little first-class cricket last year.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dravid's hit 106 in the second innings with Steve Davies getting 60. The MCC are all out for 357 - Notts need 468 to win.