• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
Satire would indicate that he had some modicum of respect for your opinion on the matter. Personally, I think it was more of a mocking tone than satirical. Then again, it could have been derision or dismissal or a ****-take, really.
Sarcastic ****-taking, then.
It's still the same monotonous, fast-becoming-laughable, one-dimensional form of attack.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Watch the cricket?? But the stats say he got 6 Test wickets and what else are we to judge players on?

Ok ok, I'll stop. I just had to get my bit of sarcasm in there. :)
This doesn't even have a point behind it. I've never said to judge players on stats, just to select them on them .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
This doesn't even have a point behind it. I've never said to judge players on stats, just to select them on them .
So what is selecting them if it isn't judging their ability?

If you want to be picky with others, then you've got it coming back at you in spades.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
So what is selecting them if it isn't judging their ability?

If you want to be picky with others, then you've got it coming back at you in spades.
Hmm, how do I get the feeling I've answered this before.
Selecting is concerned solely with victory. Hence, you pick the players who have been most effective, not neccesarily those who have deserved to be so.
Anyway, most people refuse to accept that people don't deserve what they've got next to their names in the scorebook.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well played yet again, Mr. Kirsten.
South Africa simply cannot afford to fail to win tomorrow. But unless Adams has another golden day I'd say it's less likely than more.