• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Without Bojé, SA have no quality spinner which worries me..

IMO they have had a very poor year by their standards and its getting worse, they certainly dont deserve to be challenging Australia for the number one spot... I dont know if its home advantage, but I would like to think SA would be beating Pakistan...

:(
Keep in mind that these are ODI's, which generally means that the best team on the day will win. The Tests will IMO better reflect where South Africa stands.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Good to see Saqqy in there.

Pakistan 243/8 (50 overs)
(Yasir Hameed 72, Abdur Razzaq 46 not out)
(Makhaya Ntini 3/45, Robin Peterson 2/26)

South Africa 117/2 (21 overs)
(Graeme Smith 51, Jacques Kallis 49 not out)
(Shoaib/Razzaq one wicket each)

SA are well-placed, but they've been no stranger to collapse of late.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SA now 195/4 off 40 - 49 to win off the last ten.

Kallis 62, Rudolph 43*, Boucher 18*

Shoaib 2/27, Hafeez 1/20, Razzaq 1/27

Saqlain 7-0-43-0 (6nb)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And Shoaib makes a horrible mess of Boucher's stumps. 3/31

206/5 - 38 required from 8 overs.

Pollock in at 7 with Hall, Peterson, Nel and Ntini to come.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
42.2 Shoaib Malik to Rudolph, OUT: flighted delivery, comes down the wicket and lofted it high in the air, two fielders under it and finally Razzaq comes with a brilliant catch.

South Africa 206/6, Partnership of 0
JA Rudolph c Abdul Razzaq b Shoaib Malik 46 (80b 3x4 0x6)
SM Pollock 0* (0b) Shoaib Malik 9.2-0-41-1 (1nb)

South Africa 207/6 - need 37 off 42 balls.

I think Pakistan have their noses in front now.

However, they've just taken Shoaib off for Hafeez which is interesting to say the least - I'd have kept him on to try and deliver the knockout blow rather than saving him for the death.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hate to say I told you so, but...

Hall smites a Saqlain (8-0-52-0) long hop into the stands - 23 needed from five overs, Shoaib comes on, and they go off for bad light.

Quick bit of mental D/L - SA ought to win narrowly - 4 to 8 runs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Thirteen runs in the end on D/L at that point. A bit off, but at least I got the right winner :)

And that's a shocker from Inzy in taking Shoaib off, IMO.

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Youhana was stand in captain for Pak....inzy's got a hamstring injury...and was replaced by javed miandad's nephew..Faisal Iqbal

Mr Mxyzptlk

It's a brand new series now.

I think that the momentum has shifted from Pakistan to South Africa and I will go so far as to tip them to win the series.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
South Africa have once more shown their inconsistency

and i dont think there should be much more crap on Pollock after that

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Lunch Day one. South Africa are 145/2. Kallis has 27* and Kirsten has 46*. Gibbs and Smith weren't brilliant, but South Africa seem to have the upper hand. Sami and Kaneria have one wicket each.