• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Ireland

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
1st ODISat May 28
10:45 local | 09:45 GMT | 05:45 EDT | 04:45 CDT | 02:45 PDT
Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

2nd ODI
Mon May 30
10:45 local | 09:45 GMT | 05:45 EDT | 04:45 CDT | 02:45 PDT
Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast

Hope this is the right place to post this news,

Pakistan tour of Ireland 2011: Ireland to play Pakistan in May in a two-ODI series | Ireland Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

'' Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt said: “The fight that the Irish team displayed at the World Cup lit up the event and has added a new flavour to international cricket. The Pakistan team’s upcoming tour is in line with ICC and PCB’s vision of cricket development and support to associate members. We anticipate a hard-fought series as the Irish team has shown that they are capable of playing against the best in the World.”

great news for Irish Cricket and I hope there is much more to come...

Last edited by a moderator:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pretty awesome if Ireland win one then it'll be huge if they come within 4 wickets- 50 runs it'll be a victory as well.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fingers crossed all the county players are released... otherwise this happens.
Christ, that's a shocker. 2 first team players? Maybe only one, Botha, considering Stirling was just finding his feet back then.

Will be impressed if Marshall ends up playing for Ireland, I'd be tempted to bar him from the country.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Christ, that's a shocker. 2 first team players? Maybe only one, Botha, considering Stirling was just finding his feet back then.

Will be impressed if Marshall ends up playing for Ireland, I'd be tempted to bar him from the country.
Impressed if he does? but bar him from New Zealand or Ireland?, :-O

I hope he does, he will bring a lot of experience to the middle order, well I hope he does :)...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great but Belfast in May isn't so great.

South Africa have no international cricket until October. CSA in the light of the Choketeas WC performance should arrange some additional ODIs against the likes of Ireland and the Netherlands or Afghanistan in Kabul.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Great but Belfast in May isn't so great.

South Africa have no international cricket until October. CSA in the light of the Choketeas WC performance should arrange some additional ODIs against the likes of Ireland and the Netherlands or Afghanistan in Kabul.
:laugh::laugh:

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Great but Belfast in May isn't so great. .
Yeah, this.

There was talk maybe 10 or so years ago about if Ireland ever became a competitive nation (this is going back to the daaaark days of losing to minor counties) about setting up camp in Spain and playing there during the early months. I think it was around the time of the Morocco experiment. The subject popped up once or twice then disappeared. It sounds silly at first but if you go to a home match you'd be lucky to see a dog let alone it's owner attend but when we play away, there seems to be more of a following. Anyway, it's never going to happen now but i'd go for a game or two and some sun along the Iberian coast.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

That's not the same Marshall that's trying to qualify for Ireland FTR.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i suspect it is H.Marshall i understood he only missed out playing for them in he world cup by a couple of months. (qualifing period).
Hamish Marshall is trying to qualify for Ireland. James Marshall, featured in the scorecard linked, is not.