• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2011

Who will win the Indian Premier League 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This reeks of ignorance and I don't even like Christian.
He is pretty bad though. Doesn't guarantee 4 overs and the batting is more miss than hit. Think he is an average cricketer but JP Duminy also is treading water. Not much Deccan can do though, KP is injured, Cam White is in Bangladesh and that just leaves them with Michael Lumb, Rusty and this guy...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir needs to open with Kallis. Bisla doesn't take advantage of the PP (20/20 career SR is just over 100) and when you have monster hitters like Tiwary and Y Pathan + Morgan and RTD to come, he is just wasting balls. Stick him at 8 or something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah not understanding Gambhir in the middle order. You want him playing 12-15 overs generally.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry I'm late...
You forgot Ishant & Nehra, both of whom are from Delhi and are probably preferable to RP...

And Shikhar Dhawan.
And Mithun Manhas, who did quite well today for Pune Warriors.
And Rajat Bhatia (who counts in the same manner as Amit Mishra)
No. RP > Both
Ishant is a T20 struggler, and RP Singh is better than Nehra. UP falls within the catchment area of Delhi. RP Singh is a purple cap holder from the 2009 edition. Mithun Manhas has played possibly one good innings in his entire T20 career and can barely strike, although he'd make a fine seven/eight/nine and slip/outfielder. Rajat Bhatia isn't much of a bowler, and barely takes wickets, and being an all-rounder, doesn't score much.
Amit Mishra is also from Haryana.
So do Sachin Rana and Joginder Sharma, as well as one seamer with a fantastic T20 record. Haryana falls in the same zone as Delhi. They could have explored the option of picking several players from Delhi, Haryana and Central Zone to make the team more cohesive. It's better than this clueless splurging on players who have never played together, and would have been a lot less costly.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah not understanding Gambhir in the middle order. You want him playing 12-15 overs generally.
Yusuf needs to be pushed up the order for T20s
he is better off coming in the last 5-7 overs
You'd want both Yusuf and Gambhir batting most of the 20 overs. Both have impressive strike rates and have scored big often in T20, so a high total is on the cards. Then follow it up with Morgan and RTD, then Tiwary, and then Shukla.

Reevo

Cricket Spectator
Gambhir needs to open with Kallis. Bisla doesn't take advantage of the PP (20/20 career SR is just over 100) and when you have monster hitters like Tiwary and Y Pathan + Morgan and RTD to come, he is just wasting balls. Stick him at 8 or something.
They should really play Goswami as their keeper. Shreevats Goswami > Bisla, afaic. Their team balance looks great though. Iqbal Abdulla is a great signing, especially on the back of his recent domestic form, plus he's like a better version of Ravindra Jadeja.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
tait in for RR

DD wins toss and bats first , either way theyw ill pwn shaun or he will pwn them like malinga

i guess the former is more probable to happen though

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Rajasthan will do very well this year... they have a very useful and balanced team. Hope Sehwag is still in when Warney comes on to bowl.. that will be amazing.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's more a case of good cricketers trumping mediocre or poor ones, tbh.
Yeah, I agree. Applies more to batsmen though. It's such a batsman's game. Sometimes it grates a bit to see Yusuf Pathan slogging and chinese cutting Dale Steyn for runs. Asking someone like Warne or Murali or Steyn to capture the viewer's imagination in this format is a bit like expecting Michelangelo to express himself in a newspaper cartoon.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, see you later Sehwag. Great shot first ball and then guides one to slip.

Also, am I the only person who has thought about how insanely good a FC equivalent of the IPL would be? I know it's not feasible or what have you but it'd be absolutely incredible. As long as it was televised of course.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, see you later Sehwag. Great shot first ball and then guides one to slip.

Also, am I the only person who has thought about how insanely good a FC equivalent of the IPL would be? I know it's not feasible or what have you but it'd be absolutely incredible. As long as it was televised of course.
Televised and with very lax foreign player laws - so you get awesome teams - then that would be incredible.

EDIT: Hey Tait, this would've been pretty ****ing handy last month, y'know?