• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2011

Who will win the Indian Premier League 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Mumbai looks strongest. They have three explosive batsmen, two productive bowlers, the best T20 all-rounder as well as fillers who are very good at T20. A top order with Sachin, Pollard, Symonds and Sharma, and bowling options including Malinga, McKay and Munaf, with support from Bhajji and Pollard, can't go wrong. Unless they choose to drop McKay for Davey Jacobs, and their fielding is found wanting, with Munaf in the mix. And of course, they've lost Zaheer in the auction. Are they also a little disjointed?

Chennai have the two most capped T20 players, both all-rounders. In addition, they have Hussey, Saha, Raina and Dhoni, all very good in T20s, as also very strong support from the TN local players, the best T20 base in the country. They have a dark horse in Hilfy, if they play him. They have a very strong, and more importantly, cohesive team, but while their batting looks strong, bowling is suspect with extra reliance on stock bowlers and T20 misfits- Morkel and Styris are hardly frontline bowlers in other teams, while starting-XI contender Dougie isn't a good T20 bowler, especially outside the IPL.

I do hope Bangalore, Rajasthan and Pune have a good IPL. Most of India's promising young players and first reserves play in these teams.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ryan McLaren has been signed up to replace Dimi Mascarenhas in whatever franchise Dimi was signed to.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Delhi have the ability to field an attack of Morne Morkel leading the Indian trio of Yadav, Dinda and Aaron. All three have the ability to bowl at over 140kph, will be interesting to see how they work for Delhi.

Bun

Banned
This season should mark the coming of age of the league.. the inital frenzy is over, and the dust is settling down after a tremendous WC.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This tournament is ****ed now that India have won the WC. :laugh: If they had lost, people might have used it as an escape from international cricket, but it will now get blown over in WC euphoria afterglow.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Gotta support my boys from Mumbai. Hope they do well this year.
I would have watched it if Pakistani players were playing. It's such a shame that they aren't.
Yea me and my friend were talking about just this today for like 20 mins. So ****ing fumed what has been going on for last couple of years.
I would be awesome to watch guys like Gul, Ajmal, Afridi, Akhtar.

I think things like IPL can be really soothing experience for both countries and all the disgust between them. This is one important place where sports can really play helpful role in improving the understanding between both nations.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
My favourite tournament of the year. Im so looking forward to it after spending 45 days following the cricket world cup :p

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow just looked at the schedule and this is gonna be a real drag. Final is on 28th march and India v WI starts on June 4th. This is just way to long.. close to 2 months almost.

Bun

Banned
The next 12 months are crazy. Horrific scheduling imo. The players will be walking corpses by the time the Indian home season beginsn in the winter

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously Sachin is more than happy with winning the World Cup, but he was visibly annoyed when Mumbai lost in the final last year vs. Chennai.

Get the feeling he'd like to captain Mumbai to the title one day. And their squad this year is very very strong.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Obviously Sachin is more than happy with winning the World Cup, but he was visibly annoyed when Mumbai lost in the final last year vs. Chennai.

Get the feeling he'd like to captain Mumbai to the title one day. And their squad this year is very very strong.
He has more pressing concerns this year. Keeping Symonds and Bhajji off each other's throats would be priority #1.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, if they manage not to kill each other after 2 weeks he's the best captain ever IMO.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not sure who to follow this year.

EDIT: Also, I've called the winner of every IPL. Hmm...

jashan83

U19 Captain
I would have watched it if Pakistani players were playing. It's such a shame that they aren't.
What's there for it to be called a shame. It is a decision not to invite the Pakistani players because most of the Indians do not want them to be playing. It is a Indian league after all