• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Bangladesh

M0rphin3

International Debutant
I was wondering why I'd never heard of any of them. In that case, the only way we could read much into this match is if they don't get smashed.

Clarke's retired out on 56 (56) and Johnson's been sent in ahead of Smith. (edit: Johnson run out for 2)
I've seen Dollar mahmood, more like BD version of Saj Mahmood.

Subashish Roy and Farhad Reza are the only decent bowlers in that lineup. And that's not saying much.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I am so confused right now. Now it's gone back to the 40th over mark and Smith is in!

EDIT: Now Johnson is in!

EDIT: Now it's Smith again. And we have three not out batsmen. And a bowler with 11 overs.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Don't know why Johnson is batting ahead of Smith but one thing is sure that Steve Smith is slowly but surely turning into a joke player, nobody knows what his role is in the side yet he is always in the XI, atm he is kind of like an Australian version of Ravinder Jadeja..!
:laugh: He's always been a joke!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is such a strong looking Aussie team for a game like this.. Lee and Mitch opening the bowling against a 3rd string Bangladesh lineup = carnage.

pup11

International Coach
:laugh: He's always been a joke!
Your dislike for Smith is well known but let me clarify one thing, that not for single second am I suggesting that Smith is a bad player, in fact he for me is one of the most exciting young players to have emerged from down under in recent times, its only his treatment in the Australian team that's really a joke.

pup11

International Coach
Great to see Pattinson get a bowl, if he can remain fit he would have a superb career for Australia. Not sure yet about his LO credentials though, apart from raw pace doesn't seem to have much in his arsenal in terms of variations atm.

EDIT: I think even the most casual Australian cricket fan too would know that O'Keffe and Hauritz are the best spinners in the country atm, so why is Doherty still being persisted with..?

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see Pattinson get a bowl, if he can remain fit he would have a superb career for Australia. Not sure yet about his LO credentials though, apart from raw pace doesn't seem to have much in his arsenal in terms of variations atm.

EDIT: I think even the most casual Australian cricket fan too would know that O'Keffe and Hauritz are the best spinners in the country atm, so why is Doherty still being persisted with..?
Because Hauritz is injured and Doherty is the second best ODI spinner in the country.

TumTum

Banned
Your dislike for Smith is well known but let me clarify one thing, that not for single second am I suggesting that Smith is a bad player, in fact he for me is one of the most exciting young players to have emerged from down under in recent times, its only his treatment in the Australian team that's really a joke.
Tbf he doesn't even belong in the Test side, so whatever role they decide to play him as will always seem as a joke. But I like him in the limited overs because he does offer a bit of everything.

Spark

Global Moderator
The lack of penetration is of concern, although obviously the bowlers' aren't being used as normal.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Seems as though they're content to have the game sort of meander away. Reminds me of Australia-Kenya in the World Cup.

pup11

International Coach
not in ODers
Haha.. why..? He's good enough to play for Australian T20 side but isn't good enough for the ODI team..!!

Btw.. its a very poor performance from the Aussie bowling attack given the standard of opposition they are up against, once again proving that on slow wickets we just don't have a clue.