• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Criticism of SRT to be punishable under section 295 (A)

kingkallis

International Coach
A Member of Parliament has proposed a private bill where criticism of Sachin Tendulkar, widely believed to be the God of Cricket in India, would amount to “blasphemy”. Since India does not have blasphemy laws, unlike in neighboring Pakistan, Sunil Khetri, a Lok Sabha MP, has argued that criticism of Tendulkar should be covered under “relevant” IPC Sections such as 295a (deliberate and malicious acts, intending to outrage religious feelings) and 153a (wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause riot).

“Cricket is the most widely followed religion in India, yet we have no laws to protect the religious sentiments and beliefs of its followers,” Sunil Khetri introduced the premise of his proposed bill, “I think the first step is to officially recognize Sachin as the God of Cricket, if we can’t give him Bharat Ratna yet, and safeguard the feelings of the followers.”

Criticism of Tendulkar to be punishable under section 295(A) | Faking News

Bouncer

State Regular
Take notes robe....and cancel your india vacation:)

Also in a related news India just signed a extradition treaty with Australia....Now what Robe?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh this is a fake news article?

There was me thinking it was the latest forum rule.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh. Cant say im in any hurry to go to India, but lots of Indians love me anyway! I still get over 100 emails a day asking for Indian videos.