• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Attractive Test cricketer

Most attractive test cricketer?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
awta. Btw you might want to delete the two other threads you've made about this.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah so did I :unsure:

For me, in terms of style (and at their peak obviously):

Clarke
Ponting
Laxman
Jayawardene
ABdV
Amla
Tendulkar
Sangakkara
Dravid
Kallis
Vijay

hang on

State Vice-Captain
perhaps moyo and martyn should also be in the list.

in terms of the pure poetry of arcs and wristwork it was between laxman and amla for me. closely followed by moyo, martyn, jayawardene and lara.

in terms of compact classical batsmanship allied to inventive or/and brutal strokeplay, it is tendulkar, marginally ahead of kallis.

vcs

Laxman for me, produces his most sublime strokeplay in the tightest of situations.

Spark

Global Moderator
perhaps moyo and martyn should also be in the list.

in terms of the pure poetry of arcs and wristwork it was between laxman and amla for me. closely followed by moyo, martyn, jayawardene and lara.

in terms of compact classical batsmanship allied to inventive or/and brutal strokeplay, it is tendulkar, marginally ahead of kallis.
Well, if we're look at past players, Mark Waugh should be there too. Don't think we are though.

EDIT: Obviously there's a lot of national bias - more in the fact that I grew up watching Ponting and started paying attention to Clarke when I started to watch every single ball of Tests - but Laxman is a bloody good choice to win this.

Last edited:

Zinzan

I may just be biased , but Martin Guptill driving down the ground off the front foot is right up there amongst current players.

Also I may be unpopular saying this, but I've never found Tendulkar that great in terms of the attractiveness of his strokeplay.... perhaps it's because he's so short.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
yes, waugh, too, though i rate martyn as more attractive.

should have realised that this is a current only players though not sure where moyo would fit. has he retired...er...irrevocably?

Spark

Global Moderator
I may just be biased , but Martin Guptill driving down the ground off the front foot is right up there amongst current players.

Also I may be unpopular saying this, but I've never found Tendulkar that great in terms of the attractiveness of his strokeplay.... perhaps it's because he's so short.
I feel the same, oddly. It's just a feeling I have (often when it comes to style it often is). Not that he's unattractive to watch, he's great to watch. He's just not anywhere near as stylistically attractive to me as he is good.

Last edited:

angad

U19 12th Man
I hate watching Amla, skinny version of Sehwag.

In form Rahul Dravid and Mohd. Yousuf for me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd say Kumar too. Very easy on the eye and his game never really deserts him like some others in the list.

It was painful to watch Clarke at times during the Ashes. He looked really scratchy and jerky. Ponting hardly made a run either, but at least gave the impression he might.

Amla's one to watch for the next few years, I'd say. Has a dreamy cover drive. Needs to do something with the beard tho. The bumfluffy bits at the corners of his mouth really detract.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Brumby is CW's Ian Chappell imo. When he's got a strong view on something (like say, Amla's beard) you will hear about it many a time :p

vcs

Would order them in terms of attractiveness as:

Laxman
Sachin
De Villiers
Clarke
Amla
Ponting
Jayawardene
Sangakkara
Kallis
Dravid
Vijay (LOL, what's he doing in this poll?)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For me:

Sanga
Sachin
De Villiers
Laxman
Kallis
Amla
Ponting
Jayawardene
Clarke