• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slip cordons with the greatest collection of cricketers

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
At one point, Australia had Gilchrist, Warne, Ponting and Hayden (IIRC) as their slip cordon... Is that the greatest collection of great cricketers ever assembled in a slip cordon??????

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty hard to go past that. Who had the worst (proper teams)? Recent times Pakistan had Akmal, Butt and Farhat alongside each other (when Younis Khan was out of the picture).

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Pretty hard to go past that. Who had the worst (proper teams)? Recent times Pakistan had Akmal, Butt and Farhat alongside each other (when Younis Khan was out of the picture).
:laugh:.....true

Actually that is not the best slip cordon that HB mentions.

The best slip cordon had

Tubby Taylor, Mark Waugh, and Shane Warne has to be the BEST EVER slip cordon.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be honest and this may be harsh to Windies but i have to go for the Aussie cordon, the main reason for this was i was only a whippersnapper when the Windies were ruling the 80's and didn't watch them as closely as i would have done had i been older and wiser.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. I am not talking about the best slippers per se, guys.. :)

I am just asking who were the best "collection" of cricketers to have stood together in the slip cordon for their team at least for some time.. And that is why I included the keeper too there.. The Aussie cordon of Gilchrist, Warne, Ponting and Hayden are 4 ATGs and 2 or maybe even 3 almost certainities to at least belong in the discussion for an AT XI...

India's had, at one point, More, Sachin, Azhar and Kapil Dev. And in recent times, Dhoni, Dravid, Laxman and Sehwag seems a pretty neat collection as well, as does Dhoni, Sachin, Laxman and Dravid when Sachin is ok enough to stand at the slips..

I meant from that perspective.. Not based on the actual players' skills in the slips.

Do remember once Ambrose fielding in the slips for the Windies for a series quite regularly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lillee's was against NZ I think.

They put the field in so a pic could be taken for a book he was writing, iirc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At one point, Australia had Gilchrist, Warne, Ponting and Hayden (IIRC) as their slip cordon... Is that the greatest collection of great cricketers ever assembled in a slip cordon??????
Yeah that's an amazing group of players. Three genuine all-time greats and Hayden who is a great of his generation.

India has had Sachin, Dravid and Laxman in there which is substantial, but obviously no all-time great keeper.