• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fill the Basin

Athlai

Not Terrible
Charity match for the Christchurch earthquake scheduled for this Sunday at the Basin reserve. Looks like a pretty awesome event, and they're giving away a team spot on either team to the highest bidder on trade me as well as a bid for someone to face an over from Shane Warne.

Canterbury Team Auction
Wellington Team Auction
Over Against Warne Auction

The Teams:

Wellington Legends XI: Martin Crowe (captain), Andrew Jones, Bruce Edgar, Chris Nevin, Ewen Chatfield, Gavin Larsen, Jason Wells, Jonathan Millmow, Matthew Bell, Richard Petrie, Roger Twose, Tana Umaga.

Canterbury Invitation XI: Stephen Fleming (captain), Nathan Astle, Geoff Allott, Mark Ellis, Mark Greatbatch, Sir Richard Hadlee, Rod Latham, Craig McMillan, Dion Nash, Adam Parore, Justin Vaughan, Shane Warne.

Russell Crowe is set to coach the Canterbury team and Sir Ian McKellan is the match referee. Awesome amount of effort seems to be going into this event, hoping there'll be a massive turn out.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Going to try and head along, although I have to work on Sunday, so not sure what time I'll get away.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got my tickets already. Thinking of some abusive banner I can unfurl at Jonathan Millmow. Might just be a picture of my old avatar.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a great idea. Any idea if it's going to be televised?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thought this was a thread about the Murray Darling Basin for a second. Was confused as to why Athlai was starting it.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought this was the first thread in a series about a comprehensive step-by-step guide to shaving itbt.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hope if that's the case, Fox Sports pick it up as well seeing as Warne is in there.

ripper868

International Coach
Rugby Charity game on at Ballymore tomorrow night as well - Wallaby Legends v All Black Legends - Sold out :) All proceeds to Christchurch.