• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fill the Basin

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dion Nash looks as though he could still be playing top level cricket...

Fleming bowling. Never thought I'd see the day!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great day at the Christchurch cricket fundraiser at the Basin. Jam packed for the main event - they'd even brought the ropes in 10 yards on the bank side and that extra space was full with people. Was absolutely scorching for Wellington too.

Both sides scored over 200 runs, Warney was on good entertaining form. Tana Umaga hit 16 off 3/4/5 balls off Warne. Highlight though was Andy McKay coming on dressed up as the Stig and Adam Parore batting wearing his motorsport helmet (and missing before being bowled).

Some great pics of the missus with Sir Ian McKellan too. Loved seeing Bruce Edgar and Roger Twose back in the runs. There were some huge Edgar fans just behind us (probably family, I'm guessing) who provided some good atmosphere. Some good hits from Nathan Astle and Mark Greatbatch.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should add that all in the spirit of the event, I hurled abuse at Jonathan Millmow from the sidelines. I thought he bowled poorly, until The Postman was despatched for 5 sixes in one over by Nathan Astle. Mark Ellis got a fair bit of tap, too. Which was good to see.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Really entertainment viewing, so glad Trackside was able to televise it. Just tremendous to hear $500,000 was raised all up.