• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP to miss IPL

Blaze 18

Banned
I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Fantastic player. And yeah, missing the IPL is indeed a blessing in disguise.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not good news in terms of the op, but terrific that he's missing the IPL, it's the last thing our cricketers need.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Agreed, from an England fan's point of veiw it's not likely to be much of an issue unless his recovery is heavily delayed for some reason. Hernias can be very nasty, though it sounds like his can't be that bad if he's still playing.

From a personal veiw, wish him all the best.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think KP is one of those guys who would love performing in front of the big crowds in the IPL and earning big bucks for it, so I'm sure he'll miss it. But it is a good thing for England.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not so sure it is that good news for England - the loss of earnings this year will make him more determined to make more of his ability before he ages so may hasten his departure from International Cricket.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm not so sure it is that good news for England - the loss of earnings this year will make him more determined to make more of his ability before he ages so may hasten his departure from International Cricket.
His best hope of earning loads in the IPL is to dominate international cricket for a few years. An epic series vs India certainly wouldn't hurt.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A decent IPL last year set him on his way to a great World T20 though. KP is a form player, don't think we can conclusively say one way or another what's best for England.