• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Fast Bowling Pair

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aamer-Asif would have been so awesome for the next half a decade especially with Gul backing them up:(.Also ****in Rameez Raja robbed us off a Zahid-Shoaib pairing.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mohanty was actually a good bowler who should have been given more chances reckon India in their search for Wasim,Waqar and Shoaib showed impatience with quite a few guys.

smash84

The Tiger King
I have no idea. That's a really tough question.

Probably the best fast bowling pair I saw, at their peak, were Ambrose and Walsh in 1999. The West Indies basically drew that series because their three best players played out of their skin, and walked off as skeletal champions.
I thought Amby and Walsh were well past their peak in 1999

smash84

The Tiger King
Mohanty was actually a good bowler who should have been given more chances reckon India in their search for Wasim,Waqar and Shoaib showed impatience with quite a few guys.
Mohanty only used to do well against PAk

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mohanty only used to do well against PAk
maybe thats why I remember him as being decent checking his stats it does seem he was ok in odi's and never got enough opportunities in test cricket his FC record is also quite impressive I will stand by my comment and say India missed a trick with him also remember Saeed Anwar being his bunny.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
If they keep playing as they are now, it wont be long before Steyn and Morkel belong on this list.

One of the best ever may have been a duo that were together at county level. Not many people enjoyed batting against Nottinghamshire when Richard Hadlee and Clive Rice were in tandem.

Also, Garth Le Roux and Imran Khan at Sussex must have been a handful.
Bowling average of 22 and batting average of 40 over almost 500 matches. That is mighty impressive. These South Africans from the ban period really missed out big time eh.