• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vodaphone says no to Zimbabwe

Craig

World Traveller
I know this appeared yeasterday, but if you had noticed, England's sponsor's Vodaphone have given the ECB a warning:

Tour Zimbabwe next year and lose our sponsorship or boycott and keep our sponsorship.

Judging by people's sigs, they would support Vodaphone's statements?

I wouldnt be surprised if Natwest and Npower got onto the act as well.

roofromoz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think if England are to make a decision on whether they tour Zimbabwe or not, it should be by their own accord and made their own board, and not influenced by a directive courtesy of Vodafone.

But these days where the line between the corporate community and professional sports are becoming increasingly blurred, who knows what to think!

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think vodaphone is being really irresponsible, they should at least realize that the regime there doesnt care whether England tour or not, and making a "stance" makes absolutely no difference at all....
they shouldnt hold English cricket to ransom over something that nobody has any control over...

V Reddy

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
I think vodaphone is being really irresponsible, they should at least realize that the regime there doesnt care whether England tour or not, and making a "stance" makes absolutely no difference at all....
they shouldnt hold English cricket to ransom over something that nobody has any control over...
Vodafone wouldn't want to sponser a team which goes and plays in Zim ( whose has a record of criminal policies against people of their origin). That may damage the image of Vodafone in the British People.