• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket australia contracts

brockley

International Captain
Named after world cup.
Interesting Hopes? mcdonald? hilfenhuas? beer? kregja? o'keefe? copeland?voges?.Mckay? Warner? etc etc.
Will be the hardest year to award contracts,depends on who retires i guess.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You may find that they give out fewer this time, just the established test players and give incremental contracts to a batch of others. It will certainly be an interesting announcement, for example what will happen with Hussey?

brockley

International Captain
Beer and kregja done nothing(kregja awful in india),would give spinners spots to o'keefe,hauritz and doherty.
Copeland instead of mckay he no good in tests,and too many one day bowlers otherwise.

howardj

International Coach
Of the more interesting cases:

Goneski: North, Hopes, McDonald

Certs: Krejza, Copeland,

Nervous: Hughes, McKay

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watson Katich Ponting Clarke MHussey Khawaja Smith Haddin White DHussey Johnson Siddle Bollinger Harris Lee Tait Hastings McKay Hauritz Beer Paine Voges Marsh Ferguson Copeland.

No room for Hilfenhaus. I've picked Beer because I think it would defy logic now demoting him. Krejza and O'Keefe are definitely outside chances of picking up a contract though.

Copeland gets my final spot ahead of Mitchell Starc. The selectors obviously like Starc, but I think he needs to get back into the NSW team and be bowling well before he should be awarded a contract.

Hughes cut from the contract list, a simple case of not making enough runs.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
will be interesting to see any drastic decisions be taken after the wc be it on the players side or the board's side

althout leaving ponting and katich i dont see anyone who might even be remotely near retirement

brockley

International Captain
There are rumours katich maybe retired off.
Will be interested if starc,hazelwood or pattinson get contracts.
Hardest picks ever.
Future after the ashes and world cup.
The team picked for the bangladesh tour may indicate who gets a contract.
Question will lee get a contract.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless Lee quits, he's very likely to do so. He's still seen as a vital cog in the OD team.

brockley

International Captain
Depends if CA wants to build for the future of the past,lee won't play the next 20/20 cup or the next world cup.
So whats the point?
If they sack hussey and katich but keep lee it will make no sense.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Australian teams never build for a World Cup four years in advance. You pick the best players available and the team will eventually transform into a World Cup side over the four year period.

Brett Lee should be retained as he is a great leader of the bowling attack. If Starc or Pattinson deserve selection in two years time they will get that chance. Pointless to push players out at this point.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh but it rumoured simon katich is gone,and why keep lee he will be 36 when the 20/20 world cup is on,and he never has been any good at 20/20 anyway.
Thats unless he makes himself for tests then all is forgiven.

brockley

International Captain
I would give o'keefe,doherty and hauritz the spinners contracts,and hand 1 to smith as the allrounder,even tho he has lost confidence under ponting.

SeamUp

International Coach
The quicks are going to be quite interesting with all the injuries and factoring age and form in. Don't think CA are just going dish out contracts to a large group anymore.

Ryan Harris...32 and a serious injury.

Clint McKay...28 and injured but only an ODI bowler.

Lee and Tait only ODI bolwers with injury doubts ito their history.

Hilfenhaus has the tools but the ball swings straight out the hand and he pitches it too short. Poor form for a while.

Then youngsters Pattinson, Hazlewood and Starc have had stop start careers so far due to injury.

That leaves Johnson, Siddle, Bollinger and Copeland.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
We aint going to win many series with that pathetic bowling "attack" that was on display during the Ashes. Hilfy, Siddle, and Johnson are all very inconsistent, and they have all played enough test cricket now that we all know what they are mostly capable of, so what do you do with all 3 of them? Bollinger to be given a good run I reckon, better than Hilfy and Siddle. We looked like the grandest of pie chuckers compared to the Poms, and that is just BAD. VERY BAD.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think that between them they've managed to take 20 wickets in a match 2 times in 9 Ashes matches.

brockley

International Captain
Copeland in for hilfy,he couldn't take wickets outside the new ball in the shield final.
James patterson played 2 first class games ah no,starc and hazelwood next to no games,pattrick cummins maybe have hopscotched these 3.
Tait could pay for the pakistan game,and if he has a bad one against india and we go out.
Katich and hughes done enough.
Mckay forget him not a test bowler.
Marsh and fergurson will struggle not done enough and are far from one day and test side.
Nope its 25 contracts,union power defined that,will not change.
They should look to the future see no surprises,may see mcdonald get a contract over hopes due to age.
With the world cup over soon contracts should be out soon,or after the bangladesh series.
They must be done by june when states announce initial contracts.

Last edited: