• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket australia contracts

Andre

International Regular
At the risk of moving discussion away from Chappell, I can understand how Bollinger ended up at 25th. I can't recall seeing an Aussie quick now for a number of years lose his marbles as badly as he did in the Adelaide Test. That sort of performance ends careers, so the fact he got a contract means he must have had a bit of credit in the bank before that. Had he not, he'd be somewhere in the distance.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hah, word-for-word what i was about to post. Spooky.

Don't think this can be interpreted as just a kick in the bum either. He's almost 30 so you'd think he'd have been out on his arse were it not for the fact that, whilst Australian cricket has a lot of quicks with potential, most of them are untested, untried, injury-prone or Ben Hilfenhaus. In the absence of those factors, you'd think we'd soon see his beetroot-face complaining about being 86'ed.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
I think 25th is symbolic - they're trying to send him a message, while keeping him (just) inside the tent.

howardj

International Coach
What about the broader issue of the leaking of the rankings themselves? It suggests to me that there are some pretty discontented players/employees within the ranks. I think everyone is just gobsmacked at the level to which cricket in Australian has sunk. You just expect off-field howlers now, and the on-field stuff is pretty piss poor too!