• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket australia contracts

Spark

Global Moderator
You just look at what Arthur, Flower and Kirsten did/have done for their respective teams to see what a good coach can do.

brockley

International Captain
Oh and after his 100 marsh,behind him too.
Averaged 25 over 18 one dayers.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
OH btw don't think contracts released to memorandum of understanding signed with players and cricket australia,oh and the australian cricketers want more cash(lots) due to the kfc muddle.8-)

brockley

International Captain
Thought i'd reboot the thread with cricket australia and the aca close to an agreement(sydney morning herald).
I'd say they'd know who are the 25 players,just waiting for an agreement to release the contracts.
Wonder if 20/20 will be reflected with the contracts.
Wonder if cam white will be cut due to poor form,especially since he is the 20/20 captain.

Spark

Global Moderator
He won't. It took Clarke a few years and a voluntary retirement to get out of the T20 side/captaincy.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Thought i'd reboot the thread with cricket australia and the aca close to an agreement(sydney morning herald).
I'd say they'd know who are the 25 players,just waiting for an agreement to release the contracts.
Wonder if 20/20 will be reflected with the contracts.
Wonder if cam white will be cut due to poor form,especially since he is the 20/20 captain.
It's more likely that Shaun Marsh and/or Simon Katich would get cut before White. He's been made a skipper that will give him at least 2 years grace.

They won't even let a really good T20 player like Marsh in the T20 team and they didn't want to take him to the World Cup before Mussey got injured.:dry:

Plus GS Chappell is just hankering to get rid of SOMEONE old and Kat fits the bill better than anyone else.

howardj

International Coach
Knowing this panel, all of Lee, Ponting, Mussey, Dussey and Katich will get contracts, with McGain and SClark being recalled to the list as well.

brockley

International Captain
LOL @ mcgain he won't even get a vic contract.
Isn't enough beer will get a contract in front of o'keefe.

brockley

International Captain
If white gets a contract for being the 20/20 captain,then warner should get a contract for being the first picked 20/20 player.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
25 guys is a lot to be giving contracts to. White is safe in my book. I think Hauritz will retain a deal, its between him and Doherty for the spinners spot. Hodge and Tait are gone, as is North. Hopes, McDonald, McKay and Voges will struggle to keep contracts.

Khawaja has to come in, as does Hastings. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Hussey come back in, and after that it becomes a choice of which young fast bowlers to hand deals.

My Predictions:

Out: McKay, Hodge, Tait, Hopes, McDonald, North, Voges.
In: Khawaja, Hastings, Pattinson, D Hussey. (+3 others)

3 spots up for grabs I think. Fast bowlers will get at least one of them, there's an all rounder spot if Hopes goes, and the last spot would be for someone utterly random to pick up a contract.

I'm hoping the selectors go mad and start picking Mitchell Marsh.

Andre

International Regular
Butterworth or Cowan frm Tassie might be a chance, always a bolter in the list who performed well in the Sheild Final.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Why would he get a contract before he's played a match?
He played a Aus A match in the worst format for him which just about sums up our selectors. I think Mitchell Starc will get one before him. CA have him blogging from the academy and he was already picked for one dayers v Sri Lanka last year.

Mitchell Starc is not going to have to do much at all to get a contract.

brockley

International Captain
On warner maybe maybe not,but he is 1 of our main batsmen.
Voges no too many one batsmen in the squad,hopes no will not be picked again,mcdonald yes for tests and one dayers,generational change.
3 spinners in the squad,would die a death if kregja got in.
BTW has nannes retired from international cricket,he has been linked with somerset.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Kregja? :wacko:

Anyway, White will not be dropped. He is still in our first choice ODI XI if he found some form again, he is the Twenty20 captain, and only six months ago he was one of the favourites to replace North in the Test squad. Not much has changed since that point other than a horrid run of form that he was expected to solve in a World Cup.