• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket australia contracts

Spark

Global Moderator
I will be astonished if a 17-year old gets a national contract. An exceptionally promising 17-year old but a 17-year old nonetheless.

brockley

International Captain
He is a good chance.
Starc and hazelwood out all season.
James pattinson 2 games and he did little in those,he is not in the top 5 vic bowlers in the just ended season.
Otherwise its a case of picking old hacks.
And the contracts are meant to look to the future.
In thats case,maybe katich will get the sack.

SeamUp

International Coach
Whats going to happen to Ryan Harris?

Does Copeland really stand a good chance of getting a contract. Because I'm sure people could argue that a Butterworth is just as effective and he can bat at least. Even James Faulkner.

Peter George was also very much in and out. Shouldn't have really been in, in the first place.

Surely a John Hastings was a panic pick for the WC as well. Contract?

The selectors really have been poor in recent times. So much chopping and changing. The spinners situation is also just as bad.

brockley

International Captain
Harris defnitely 1 of our best test bowlers.
Copeland yes.
Butterworth not a front liner,he is up and down,mcdonald vs faulkner vs butterworth.
Hastings was a pick for indian conditions,like kregja,don't see it,neither these 2 have done much.
In aussie conditions hastings would not be picked.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon Hastings is being looked at as a Nathan Bracken style option, except without the new ball. He's still only 24-25, and is pretty decent in the other facets of the game. I reckon you'll see him with a contract. Probably at the expense of his best mate, C-Mac.

brockley

International Captain
Mckay won't get a contract been out too long.
Siddle and harris will be back up for one day bowlers.
Hastings could vie for steve smiths position tho,if jt does his job.
That said i have heard jt has been offered the indian coaching job.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It would be nice for Cosgrove to be named in the 25. Unlikely to happen but the big man has had a career defining season.

Andre

International Regular
Yeah heard the Langer - India rumour, also saw an interview today with Geoff Lawson on Fox Sports where he was pretty scathing about the job JL has done as batting coach. Not sure if there is bad blood between the two or if he is an observer.

Reckon the CA contracts this year are a dead set lottery though. Don't think much will change, as Hilditch would know he's got to be pretty careful with his gig up for grabs later in the year, so he'll do everything in his power to be consistent and try to retain it. Whatever that means for the contract list is anyones guess though!

Spark

Global Moderator
I think most people here have been pretty scathing too tbh. The degradation of some of the techniques has been awful.

brockley

International Captain
I'd say khajahah over cossie,we usually go with 1 middle order batsmen in reserve.
Thank god no world cup to 2015,that way we won't have so many bloody one day players this time,
Next big tournament is 20/20 world cup,we and we don't give contracts for 20/20 or dave warner would be first picked.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mckay won't get a contract been out too long.
Siddle and harris will be back up for one day bowlers.
Hastings could vie for steve smiths position tho,if jt does his job.
That said i have heard jt has been offered the indian coaching job.
Best news of my day

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on Langer, I found it interesting the amount of times the television coverage referred to him when we were crumbling against Pakistan the other night. The cameras focused on him several times after a poor shot or a dismissal and the commentary team made comments like "Australian batting coach Langer will not be happy with that dismissal." or words to that effect.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Just on Langer, I found it interesting the amount of times the television coverage referred to him when we were crumbling against Pakistan the other night. The cameras focused on him several times after a poor shot or a dismissal and the commentary team made comments like "Australian batting coach Langer will not be happy with that dismissal." or words to that effect.
Its just idiotic to be honest. The players arent little kids, not the batting coachs fault if batsmen screw up in the middle. Always hated how the coach gets the blame.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I think/hope Cosgrove is right in the frame. We're going to lose Katich, Ponting, Hussey and possibly Haddin over the next year or two, so we could certainly use someone with Cosgrove's class and relative experience in or around the setup. I'd certainly rather him than Ferguson...

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
I guess white just lost a cricket australia contract,especially if we choose 3 openers + khawajah,if he ain't in the one day side,he won't get one for being in the 20/20 side especially as warner won't get one.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, if he didn't even get picked for the squad - which i thought was a chance - yeah he'd be gone. But he'll be safe.

And on JL, "keep your eyes on the ball and you'll be fine" seems to be all he does.

brockley

International Captain
No way with 25 contracts and not all them one day contracts and he is behind fergson and dave hussey.
He is in trouble.
Unless they give 30 contracts 4 for tait,warner,nannes and white.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Its just idiotic to be honest. The players arent little kids, not the batting coachs fault if batsmen screw up in the middle. Always hated how the coach gets the blame.
Disagree. The coaching stuff need to take responsibility and most importantly be held accountable. While I acknowledge that the coaches can't fix anything, they're the ones who are supposed to be doing something about it. Otherwise you get stuck with a situation that we have now. A bunch of morons residing over a **** team