• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chappell advises Hussey to retire

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, Greg Chappell keeping up his good coaching work I see. :thumbsup:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'll happily put my hand up - not that I knew intimately Mike Hussey's problem - in saying that I thought that there would be no chance in him being properly ready for the WC. I won't be able to watch the Shield game, but the recovery program must've been meticulous in letting him be able to get himself right by this time. Either his injury was massively overstated, or he should be given the upmost credit because his rehab is beyond belief, from what was first reported.

Blaze 18

Banned
Greg Chappell does have some preposterous ideas doesn't he ? I have no idea why we had this dude as coach.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hussey was dumped from the World Cup squad two weeks ago after the selectors decided they couldn't afford anyone who was not fit to play their opening match against Zimbabwe in Ahmedabad tonight.

That decision was made despite Australian physio Alex Kountouris telling the selectors that Hussey was well ahead of schedule and expected to be available for the second match, against New Zealand, on Friday.

That's pretty extraordinary.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hussey was dumped from the World Cup squad two weeks ago after the selectors decided they couldn't afford anyone who was not fit to play their opening match against Zimbabwe in Ahmedabad tonight.

That decision was made despite Australian physio Alex Kountouris telling the selectors that Hussey was well ahead of schedule and expected to be available for the second match, against New Zealand, on Friday.

:-O Hard to imagine how ****ty hussey must be feeling

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

:censored:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll happily put my hand up - not that I knew intimately Mike Hussey's problem - in saying that I thought that there would be no chance in him being properly ready for the WC. I won't be able to watch the Shield game, but the recovery program must've been meticulous in letting him be able to get himself right by this time. Either his injury was massively overstated, or he should be given the upmost credit because his rehab is beyond belief, from what was first reported.
When it was revealed that he'd "ripped the hammy off the bone", I felt similarly to you but that's now been shown up

However, what really pisses me off is that GC has "allegedly" advised him to retire

Seriously, GAGF!!!!!

Did he proffer the same advice to Ponting and Clarke or are those pearls of wisdom only reserved for very good/great players who are actually scoring runs?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My guess is it's the same tap on the shoulder that S Waugh, Martyn, MacGill & Hayden got "retire or we'll drop you" but Hussey wasn't minded to go so has gone public with it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Waiting for someone from the wc squad to mysteriously get injured now and Hussey to come in as a replacement.

Bun

Banned
Waiting for someone from the wc squad to mysteriously get injured now and Hussey to come in as a replacement.
Haha so true.. watch out for Steven Smith.

.... "It's unfortunate he'll not be able to form part of our squad. He is an extremely talented individual but he is also a kid, so he'll surely have many opportunities in the future", added Ponting while at the same time emphasising that, "Hussey coming back is a tremendous morale booster for our squad. He is a proven matchwinner and his experience in the middle order will be invaluable"....

smash84

The Tiger King
maybe Aus can do what Pak did with Sohail Tanvir..........Junaid Khan seems like a decent replacement.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Not happy at all. Hussey has our best odi batsmen for ages, no matter whats Clarke's stats say. Always plays the exact innings required.

Blaze 18

Banned
Not happy at all. Hussey has our best odi batsmen for ages, no matter whats Clarke's stats say. Always plays the exact innings required.
Agree. I have no clue as to what the Australian selectors are thinking. If I didn't know better, I'd say there were mentally ********.