• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chappell advises Hussey to retire

hang on

State Vice-Captain
chappell was a great batsman.

but still don't know what his major selling points regarding the coaching or administration side of the game are. given his record in india and his antics over the summer, it seems that he and his fellow cobbers need to be the first against the wall....

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
HEY SHOW SOME RESPECT HE ONCE MADE A GOOD DECISION ABOUT IAN HEALY IN 1987 z

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Chappell in india was known to be a staunch supporter of bringing young guys at the expense of older ones. He often backed guys like Raina over other people, esp seniors.

With that said, in light of what the physio said, it makes no sense to pick a squad only to leave out your best bat because he wouldn't be available for one game vs Zimbabwe?

Seriously. can someone explain that logic to me?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hussey was pulled out of the Western Australia game by Cricket Australia today. Hmm.

pup11

International Coach
I'll happily put my hand up - not that I knew intimately Mike Hussey's problem - in saying that I thought that there would be no chance in him being properly ready for the WC. I won't be able to watch the Shield game, but the recovery program must've been meticulous in letting him be able to get himself right by this time. Either his injury was massively overstated, or he should be given the upmost credit because his rehab is beyond belief, from what was first reported.
Hussey had been walking without the help of crutches, which I believe is damn hard thing to do after an operation of this sort and he had been doing a lot of hardwork to ensure he reached full fitness levels for the worldcup, so it doesn't really surprise me that he has made such speedy recovery.

The selectors should have taken his word when he said he would be fit be for the worldcup but that's all a thing of the past now, the more annoying thing is Chappell telling him to quit which is absurd tbh.

Hussey is probably the only player from the older lot who actually deserves his place on merit, the rest are pretty much clinging to their spots due to achievements from the past, there is nothing wrong in blooding young players as long as you are picking the right blokes but obviously that hasn't been happening either.

I think Chappell is an absolute idiot he just doesn't understand the importance of balancing a side with youth and experience, surely if he had his way he would hand all the Australian U-19's a baggy green cap and push them into the deep end.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ha ha...

This person once replaced Saurav Ganguly by Venugopal Rao...so Ikki has a good chance I suppose...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
fmd, the guy is light years ahead of so many people in the game he should play until he's dead and even then, embalmed and propped up bits of wood, he'd still put in his best.