• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best and Worst TV Commentators

smash84

The Tiger King
I find Gower really good. Not sure why so much Gower hate. Nowhere near the likes of Ian Healy in terms of being pathetic

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I find Gower really good. Not sure why so much Gower hate. Nowhere near the likes of Ian Healy in terms of being pathetic
He's not a bad commentator, he's just not a very good one either.

When you share a commentary box with Nasser Hussein, Michael Holding, Michael Atherton, Shane Warne and, for all his faults, David Lloyd, then you get badly shown up if you're merely average.

smash84

The Tiger King
He's not a bad commentator, he's just not a very good one either.

When you share a commentary box with Nasser Hussein, Michael Holding, Michael Atherton, Shane Warne and, for all his faults, David Lloyd, then you get badly shown up if you're merely average.
for me he is at par with holding and athers.......definitely above Botham and Willis..........and he is the best host for a cricket show in the world........the way he speaks and conducts himself on air give him air of sophistication that other hosts lack IMO

Furball

Evil Scotsman
for me he is at par with holding and athers.......definitely above Botham and Willis..........and he is the best host for a cricket show in the world........the way he speaks and conducts himself on air give him air of sophistication that other hosts lack IMO
Agree with you on his hosting skills.

Blaze 18

Banned
Best : Tony Greig, Shane Warne, Ian Chappell, Ravi Shastri, Robin Jackman.

Most entertaining : Ramiz Raja, Danny Morrison.

Worst : Laxman Sivaramkrishnan, Arun Lal, Sanjay Manjrekar, Russel Arnold, Ranjit Fernando.
Alan Wilkins deserves to be there in the first list.

smash84

The Tiger King
and Robin Jackman deserves to be out of there.......I forgot to mention one of the worst ones........Mike Haysman.......pure **** I should say

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What's Anil Kumble doing these days? Really enjoyed him in the 2009 T20 WC, thought he lacked a bit of charisma but had plenty of interesting stuff to say, particularly when spinners were on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anil Kumble is President of the Karnataka State Cricket Association. Elected in a landslide victory, with former teammates Venkatesh Prasad and Javagal Srinath elected as Vice-President and Secretary respectively.

angad

U19 12th Man
Danny is awesome, very entertaining.

Have soft spot for Tony Greig, 'Its HUUUUGE'. We need more commentators like him in limited overs Cricket, Check highlights of Sachin's Sharjah innings, you will know what I mean. He is right man for big occassions like Sachins 200*, Yuvraj's 6x6, Akram's Hatricks, Razzack's Abu Dhabi knock.

In Test Cricket I love Allan Donald, Holding, Hussain.

I hate Sanjay Manjrekar, and Sri Lankans.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Anil Kumble is President of the Karnataka State Cricket Association. Elected in a landslide victory, with former teammates Venkatesh Prasad and Javagal Srinath elected as Vice-President and Secretary respectively.
Haha, as soon as I read that I realised I already knew that. :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have soft spot for Tony Greig, 'Its HUUUUGE'. We need more commentators like him in limited overs Cricket, Check highlights of Sachin's Sharjah innings, you will know what I mean. He is right man for big occassions like Sachins 200*, Yuvraj's 6x6, Akram's Hatricks, Razzack's Abu Dhabi knock.
Post reported.

thierry henry

International Coach
I can't believe people like Mark Richardson. imo he is a completely incoherent twit with a freakish ability to constantly be completely wrong about everything. Has a warped view of cricket (not surprising given how his own career developed) which makes him completely incapable of analysing it.

I don't mind him as a TV personality generally though.

Blaze 18

Banned
Wilkins is suprisingly well informed on recent cricket developments, thought he only did tennis these days.
Yeah, he is someone who actually knows what he is talking about. Some of the other commentators don't even know that India are not the number one ODI side. :dry:

MyLord

School Boy/Girl Captain
Henna Khan of TestMatchSofa for the win. Any Brit chick who daintily pronounces Harbajan's "Maa Ki Chu***" to Symonds on live radio (followed by a "sorry mum if you are listening!") has my fulls lols.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Put Sky on for the first time in months. Had forgotten the enormity of prickishness Botham is capable of. He is a moron of the highest order.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
BAD:

ian smith- fat old whinger

danny morrison – overexcited idiot

shivaramakrisnan- most bias little tool i’ve ever heard.

Manjrekar- the only entertaining thing i’ve ever heard him say was when he was caught making that “have you ever fake orgasm? You can do it if wearing a condom” comment

James brayshaw- pathetic. No knowledge of the game.

Botham- another fat whinger. always seems to belittle anyone not english, especially indians/pakistanis/lankans. Proof that just because you were great at your craft, doesn’t mean peopleshould let you air your views. IE mel Gibson

Mike haysman-boring as hell. A noob

Slater- states the obvious, and says nothing incisive. After his blow up during his career, too intent on being mr passive,happy go lucky

Nicholas- good for mid innings discussions but not the actual game. Too delighted by cricket, not enough nitty gritty.

Harsha- annoying skinny turd who talks so much crap. So delighted by the game yet has never played in his life, but thinks he’s an expert. Epitome of the Indian cricket tragic.

All srilankan commentators justsuck.

Last edited: