• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best and Worst TV Commentators

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Quartermain: Wallsy, Shane Watson is really struggling with his form, he can't seem to turn his starts into big scores, what do you think he should do?
Wallsy: You know what Quarters, I'd give him a go in the ruck.
:laugh:

Did you used to post on an AFL forum? Quarters throwing people "in to the ruck" was an ongoing joke there for ages.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid does have a sense of humour; on Sky last summer Ian Ward interviewed him immediately after the final Test and asked Dravid what went wrong with India during the series - Dravid just laughed and responded with "have you got half an hour?".
:D

yeah. I guess he needs to change his default expression which varies from sad to extremely sad :o)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh geez Ten are the last people I want with the rights to cricket. Would completely **** it up and have 50k people watching the first Test on TV in a few years
Stephen 'Quarters' Quartermain heading the coverage.

Wallsy doing the pitch reports.

Quartermain: Wallsy, Shane Watson is really struggling with his form, he can't seem to turn his starts into big scores, what do you think he should do?
Wallsy: You know what Quarters, I'd give him a go in the ruck.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

:laugh:!!!!!!!!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any of the fools on Channel 9.

I have never heard such biased, parochial nonsense in all my life as listening to Taylor, Lawry, Slater and co. Even Nicholas joins in. Its embarrassing.
Such delicious ironing here.

SFB

Cricket Spectator
Warne, Slater, Healy - 3 Cricket greats, 3 Terrible commentators.
Mark Nicholas has grown to be tolerable, but still is mind numbingly boring over a couple of sessions.
Lawry & Benaud are fantastic. My biggest complaint about commentators, as a spinner, is that most tend to be former batsmen who have no idead about bowling, particularly spin. To hear people like Border and Nicholas talk about what leggis or offies should do when bowling pushes me to the edge.
Hence why I comentate the games I'm watching.

Jager

International Debutant
Lawry is a laugh - his endless enthusiasm and excitement for the game is great so I let some of his nonsense go by.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant

richie benaud
bill lawry
michael slater
allan border (wish he would commentate more)
ian chappel
david lloyd
ian botham
ravi shastri
michael atherton
sunil gavaskar
nasser hussain

dislike

Harsha bhogle
sanjay manjrekar
ramiz raja
wasim akram