• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

warne, imran, or murali?

How do you rank the three?

• Total voters

hang on

State Vice-Captain
how would u rank them in terms of their bowling?

in the case that u don't prefer imran over either or both the spinners, are there any fast bowler whom u would rank over them?

not sure how polls are set up on this site but would appreciate it if an administrator could help out with this.

(a discussion with blaze on the sobers v. imran thread gave me this idea. apologies if this has been done before.)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne = Murali (have never managed to split these two in Tests so I'm not going to try now) > Imran for me.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Murali>Imran>Warne, for me, as bowlers. Hell of a split-hair job though, esp. between the last two.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Murali>Imran>Warne, for me...

Yeah, among pace bowlers, I would rank Hadlee, Marshall and Barnes above Murali.

Fusion

Global Moderator
not sure how polls are set up on this site but would appreciate it if an administrator could help out with this.
What poll options are you looking for? Just a straight Imran vs. Murali vs. Warne option or some other combination?

vcs

Well, there are 6 possible permutations, so all could be added..

hang on

State Vice-Captain
my word! that was quick -- thanks, fusion.

i suppose, as vcs says, the 6 options one would give people the best chance of expressing themselves! but even the simplest one would do.

vcs

If you want to cop out and put two (or more) players as equal (like I did), then you'd need 7 more options by my count.. :ph34r:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
nah. in any event, this is a gun to the head sort of exercise, in my book at least. and so an equal option is not to be encouraged!

and, thanks, fusion.

Fusion

Global Moderator
my word! that was quick -- thanks, fusion.

i suppose, as vcs says, the 6 options one would give people the best chance of expressing themselves! but even the simplest one would do.
Done. I must admit that while I’m one of the biggest Imran admirers, I find the recent uptick in discussion around him on CW puzzling. How did he become the focus of attention all of a sudden? I personally don’t mind though, as it seems to be generating a lot of healthy back-and-forth on CC, which is good to see. :)

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
how would u rank them in terms of their bowling?

in the case that u don't prefer imran over either or both the spinners, are there any fast bowler whom u would rank over them?

(a discussion with blaze on the sobers v. imran thread gave me this idea. apologies if this has been done before.)
Tests alone or Test + ODI?

Tests alone; Murali = Warne > Imran
ODI: Murali >> Warne > Imran
Overall: Murali > Warne > Imran

Blaze 18

Banned
The absence of the 'Imran > Muralitharan = Warne' option meant that I had to try and split the two - something I hate doing. In the end, I went for Warne.