• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could pick...

cnerd123

likes this
2 batsmen to bat on for eternity, and 2 bowlers to bowl to them, who would they be?

Admittedly I'm stealing this idea off Cricinfo, so we can expand it a bit to allow you to pick the Wicketkeeper and 9 fielders to support the bowler while the batsmen are batting.

Basically who would you pick to watch for the rest of eternity if you could?

Myself, I guess bowling wise I'd go with Warne and Wasim. Tempted to say Marshall, but I have a soft spot for lefties.

Batting wise, Bradman (never saw him but would love too) and Lara (he was just so stylish).

As for the fielders, not sure yet, but off the top of my head...Rhodes, Solkar, Symonds, Bland (heard he was amazing), Collingwood, Dravid in the slips, Warner in the outfield. Keeper would probably be Don Tallon, of of curiosity as to why Bradman rated him so highly.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's only one way chix could hate cricket more, and that's if it goes for longer.

I like your thinking.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bradman and Tendulkar to bat, Holding and Warne to bowl.

Massive stylistic bias here, apart from Bradman of course who's an automatic.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Bradman. And id love to see him face Malcolm Marshall, Wasim Akram and Warnie.

Was thinking, Mark Taylor played as well as anyone vs Marshall and Wasim, had some cracking innings and series. Apart from that test where got a pair in pakistan he always looked at ease playing Wasim. And played Marshall better than any of the Aussies in 1991.

mrcheek

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
To bat: Boycott, since hes the only one who could block for all eternity.
And to liven things up at the other end, we better have Viv Richards.

Bowling, we need some contrasting styles. First, Bishen Bedi. Not quite the greatest spin bowler ever, but certainly the one with the most beautiful action to watch.
And at the other end, Richard Hadlee, the most complete pace and seam bowler ever.

smash84

The Tiger King
Bradman and Viv for batting.

For bowling Wasim and Imran or Warne............some of the most competitive and thinking cricketers ever to play the game......all of them hated losing...........so who would win in eternity??

Himannv

International Coach
Nice hamannv. Very nicely done.

"Replace"(notice the ""'s ) Bradman with Sobers and it will be an all WI awesome foursome.
Actually thought of Sobers but hard to ignore The Don here. Would love to see him bat live.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this who we personally would want to watch?

Atherton and Watson to bat... Donald and Anderson to bowl.

I'd like as many gun fielders as possible... Collingwood, Rhodes, Symonds, Ponting, AB deV, Mark Waugh, Jayawardene and Brett Lee come to mind. Jack Russell to keep wicket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is this who we personally would want to watch?

Atherton and Watson to bat... Donald and Anderson to bowl.

I'd like as many gun fielders as possible... Collingwood, Rhodes, Symonds, Ponting, AB deV, Mark Waugh, Jayawardene and Brett Lee come to mind. Jack Russell to keep wicket.
What a selection.. Daresay even the Lords puristocrats won't pick those two to bat :p

and benchy thinks girls don like cricket.. :)

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Bit confused by the premise. Are we picking the players we would enjoy watching most?
2 batsmen to bat on for eternity, and 2 bowlers to bowl to them, who would they be?

Admittedly I'm stealing this idea off Cricinfo, so we can expand it a bit to allow you to pick the Wicketkeeper and 9 fielders to support the bowler while the batsmen are batting.

Basically who would you pick to watch for the rest of eternity if you could?

Myself, I guess bowling wise I'd go with Warne and Wasim. Tempted to say Marshall, but I have a soft spot for lefties.

Batting wise, Bradman (never saw him but would love too) and Lara (he was just so stylish).

As for the fielders, not sure yet, but off the top of my head...Rhodes, Solkar, Symonds, Bland (heard he was amazing), Collingwood, Dravid in the slips, Warner in the outfield. Keeper would probably be Don Tallon, of of curiosity as to why Bradman rated him so highly.

mespoonfeedingspark.ppt