• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could pick...

Spark

Global Moderator
Well yeah, but the responses seem to indicate "who would you have liked to see play the most" which is different

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 batsmen to bat on for eternity, and 2 bowlers to bowl to them, who would they be?

Admittedly I'm stealing this idea off Cricinfo, so we can expand it a bit to allow you to pick the Wicketkeeper and 9 fielders to support the bowler while the batsmen are batting.

Basically who would you pick to watch for the rest of eternity if you could?

Myself, I guess bowling wise I'd go with Warne and Wasim. Tempted to say Marshall, but I have a soft spot for lefties.

Batting wise, Bradman (never saw him but would love too) and Lara (he was just so stylish).

As for the fielders, not sure yet, but off the top of my head...Rhodes, Solkar, Symonds, Bland (heard he was amazing), Collingwood, Dravid in the slips, Warner in the outfield. Keeper would probably be Don Tallon, of of curiosity as to why Bradman rated him so highly.
I pretty much would pick the same people as you.

Mike5181

International Captain
Batsmen: Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting

Bowling: Shane Bond and Shane Warne

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Batsmen: One Right handed and one left handed - Don Bradman and Gary Sobers
Bowlers: One pacer and one spinner - Malcolm Marshall and Muttiah Muralitharan

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Batting: BC Lara & DG Bradman

Bowling: Waqar Younis & CEL Ambrose

So nearly went for Pietersen ahead of Bradman, but the chance to watch Sir Donald in glorious technicolour is too much to resist.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just to see what they were all about, which is now impossible

Grace and Ranji facing Barnes and Spofforth

smash84

The Tiger King
Batting: BC Lara & DG Bradman

Bowling: Waqar Younis & CEL Ambrose

So nearly went for Pietersen ahead of Bradman, but the chance to watch Sir Donald in glorious technicolour is too much to resist.
Sometimes I do wonder what Sir Donald would have thought of Waqar's inswinging yorkers. I believe it has to be the most unplayable delivery in a bowler's arsenal.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Batsmen: Bradman and Richards (Viv) - precision and belligerence.
Bowlers: Warne and Wasim - balls turning a mile in the air and on the pitch.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Batsmen: Bradman and Richards (Viv) - precision and belligerence.
Bowlers: Warne and Wasim - balls turning a mile in the air and on the pitch.
True. Warne and Wasim have to be two of the most exciting bowlers ever to grace the cricket field.