• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA Spinners

cricket100%

Cricket Spectator
Who is the best South-African spin bowler since the great Hugh Tayfield. I am talking about every format of the game.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well there certainly hasn't been one on Tayfield's level, there's a reason why SA have often gone without one. I remain excited about Imran Tahir, but obviously he's completely unproven.

If I were to pick the best to watch, that'd be Paul Adams. I don't know if there was anyone special who appeared during SA's isolation?

mrcheek

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hard to think of any South African spinner thats ever set the world alight. Adams came in as a mystery spinner, but once people realised that his action was just weird, and there was nothing to be scared of, he was less effective.
Paul Harris has an excellent record in test cricket considering his limited ability to spin the ball, but he has a long way to go before being regarded as great.

Quaggas

State Captain
Well there certainly hasn't been one on Tayfield's level, there's a reason why SA have often gone without one. I remain excited about Imran Tahir, but obviously he's completely unproven.

If I were to pick the best to watch, that'd be Paul Adams. I don't know if there was anyone special who appeared during SA's isolation?
Alan Kourie was quite good, esp at Newlands against our arch nemesis WP - but I must admit I have no idea how well he'd have fared against international batsmen. Jackman picked him for his 80's SA team.