• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better test match batsman

Better test match batsman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrcheek

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Must be too many young peopleon here. Javed was ten times the batsman any of the others were.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I generally believe Miandad is highly under-rated by most outside of the sub-continent. His name rarely seems to be mentioned in the list of ATG batsmen, which I find strange. I believe he belongs in the conversation with the likes of Border and Waugh, but IMHO he’d be ranked behind both. My ranking would be:

Waugh
Border
Miandad

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I generally believe Miandad is highly under-rated by most outside of the sub-continent. His name rarely seems to be mentioned in the list of ATG batsmen, which I find strange. I believe he belongs in the conversation with the likes of Border and Waugh, but IMHO he’d be ranked behind both. My ranking would be:

Waugh
Border
Miandad
Always thought Miandad was underrated as well, perhaps because there wasn't much footage of cricket from Pakistan back then. Where would you rank Gavaskar among the above?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I voted for Waugh, because he was definitely better than Inzy, the other two are getting on a bit these days. "Is" being the operative word in the OP.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Always thought Miandad was underrated as well, perhaps because there wasn't much footage of cricket from Pakistan back then. Where would you rank Gavaskar among the above?
Above all three actually.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Or he weighed 900 kilos????
That would be Inzaman tbf :laugh:

Waugh
Border
Miandad
Yeah, agree. Miandad is a bit underrated, his poor record against WI notwithstanding (which also was partially corrected towards the end). You didn't get a 50+ average in that era without being an exceptionally good batsman.

Maximus0723

State Regular
What about the rumours that Miadad was never given LBW in Pak?

I checked the records, out total of 33 LBW decisions, only 7 of them were received at home. :dry: