• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson to miss Bangladesh tour?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Apparently Kirtley is in line to be called up instead.

Personally I think it is good for him to have a break?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
It is excellent for him to have a brek. But as long as they bring him back in. The selectors can't miss out on this opportunity for such great potential.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I don't think there's any danger that they won't bring him back!
Do you have to argue with everything i say?!

I never said they would, i just said i really hope they don't.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
Do you have to argue with everything i say?!

I never said they would, i just said i really hope they don't.
I don't think he was attempting to argue with you. I think that he was reassuring by contradiction. :)

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah it will be good for Jimmy to have a break, and maybe Kirtley will get another chance - force his way into WI?

Craig

World Traveller
With the amount of cricket England are playing in the next 12 months, he could do with a break.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I reckon this is good news for both Anderson and England - they can have a fresh Anderson back for the tour of Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh they will surely beat anyway. Good luck to Kirtley if he comes in - he should be able to remove some wickets there.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I could yak on all day about how there is too much cricket being played... I just think its awful that a (21 year old?) has to stop playing because of Burn Out... I doubt he will last much past 30

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally I would like to see Anderson playing a few games in Bangladesh, if only the ODIs, he needs the confidence boost.

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
I could yak on all day about how there is too much cricket being played... I just think its awful that a (21 year old?) has to stop playing because of Burn Out... I doubt he will last much past 30
You can look at the ECB for that and the amount of cricket they will be programs they select. And the other countries cricketing boards.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Personally I would like to see Anderson playing a few games in Bangladesh, if only the ODIs, he needs the confidence boost.
For once Rik and the selectors are in complete agreement!

Remember this day as it may never happen again! ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
For once Rik and the selectors are in complete agreement!

Remember this day as it may never happen again! ;)
If he hadn't had the injury I would have wanted him rested for the Sri Lanka tour so he would be ready for the tour of the WIndies. Having a winter schedual like this is madness...just too much going on! When will they realise there is too much cricket and give them a rest?

Bazza

International 12th Man
Kirtley is the one being touted and I think that's fair enough. I would like to see Richard Johnson go though myself. Robert Croft if they want another spinner, but that leaves us with about 3 seamers doesn't it??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's surely between Johnson and Kirtley, and Kirtley gets the nod IMO as he's less prone to injuries.