Let's face it, there are a number of things currently wrong with our game atm and that have been allowed to continue for so long. These issues need to be addressed. Here are a few that I strong feel need attention.
1. As soon as a team wins a match/when a boundary is hit/when two players are squaring up to each other, instead of showing the players (who the whole broadcast is meant to be about) they show the crowd or cheerleaders if t20 match.
2. UDRS- Take it out of the players hands and let there be three independent 3rd umpires who can contact the on field umpires and notify them of obvious howlers, remove hawk eye as it is predictive. If 2/3 umpires, (who are in seperate rooms spot the same obvious mistake, then it can overturn an onfield decision) It is worth it as cricket is such a big sport now, that each game deserves to have 5 active match officials.
3. 3rd umpires from the home country. What is the point of neutral on field umpires if 3rd umpire may have bias?
4. Slow over rates. This is a con for all spectators, especially those who pay admission fee for 90 overs in day of test cricket and only get to see 78. Heavier sanctions need to be introduced.
5. 7 game odi series. WTF. ICC should rule that no more than 5 in a series be permitted to preserve the format.
6. Window for IPL. Commercialised franchise cricket is the best way to spread cricket around the world and the IPL needs to have all the top players competing for the entire tournament.
7. When they show the highlights of a players innings in the middle of a match they show it from the crappiest camera angle that you can't even appreciate any of the shots.