Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for World series cricket videos/dvds 1977-79

Cricket Spectator

looking for World series cricket videos/dvds 1977-79

Hi there

i am trying to find any collector who has some matches from the kerry packer days of WSC 1977-1979. willing to trade or buy some footage. I have a useful list of matches available.

in sydney - would love to hear from you!

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    There are some matches I can trade/upload, I didnt buy all the WSC 70's stuff I have, some I did tape off tv myself. I'll get a list happening. You wouldnt happen to have any of the 1994 Aus tour to SA would you? One of the rare series I dont have complete footage of that i REALLY want.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Banned
    The WSC seems to have been shunned by a lot of cricket historians, but it featured some great matches, it seems....

There's an interesting discussion here:

*********************** ... A forum for discussion • View topic - World Series Cricket

Cricket Spectator
    even channel 9 and fox don't show any of the packer games...

Ch 9 used to show many Packer matches in rain breaks, up until about 1995. Usually no supertests though. In 1997 they made a documentary of 20th anniversary of the WSC, pretty cool!

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda View Post
    There are some matches I can trade/upload, I didnt buy all the WSC 70's stuff I have, some I did tape off tv myself. I'll get a list happening. You wouldnt happen to have any of the 1994 Aus tour to SA would you? One of the rare series I dont have complete footage of that i REALLY want.
    I've got about 10 minutes of footage on this series on Volume 1 of the old Cover Point "magazine" - I've just bought a gizmo to transfer video to DVD but can't make it work at the moment - as and when I can if you don't have that I'd be more than happy to do whatever is necessary to transfer it to you,

Ive got all of those Cover Point videos, good stuff! Just not enough footage for me! Thanks anyway!

Cricket Spectator
    thanks for clearing that up Rob, i remember recording the 1984 match vs West indies, the drawn one, they must have shown that one heaps of times!

Oh yeah ch 9 used to always show that blasted tied final, fox have shown in HUNDREDS of times, so annoying!! Every time I just wish Rackemann and Lawson would get that one last run, and not get run out!!!!!!

Cricket Spectator
    I have a DVD on which I have taped the two 20 year anniversary specials that they had on Channel 9 on WSC in the late 70's which I am happy to trade for. I am waiting on another trader to send some footage he also has. He says he has a massive collection of games and he guesses he has about 3 hours worth of late 70's WSC.

Quote Originally Posted by rwaite View Post
    I have a DVD on which I have taped the two 20 year anniversary specials that they had on Channel 9 on WSC in the late 70's which I am happy to trade for. I am waiting on another trader to send some footage he also has. He says he has a massive collection of games and he guesses he has about 3 hours worth of late 70's WSC.
    Yeah those two specials were great. They showed them during the Cricket Show at lunch yeah over two days?

I was sure I knew almost everyone who has 70's WSC on video, does your trader come from Tassie?

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda View Post
    Yeah those two specials were great. They showed them during the Cricket Show at lunch yeah over two days?

I was sure I knew almost everyone who has 70's WSC on video, does your trader come from Tassie?
    Yep, there was that Cricket Show special over 2 lunches and the main special they showed. The picture quality of my taping is fine but not great and I would love to upgrade the quality if you or someone has a better quality copy of them.

That trader's name is Glenn and he's from Melbourne. He contacted me after I enquired about 70's WSC games on another forum. I am after any 70's WSC games I can lay my hands on if you know of other traders who can help out.

What 70's WSC games do you have? Are you able to email me (rogwaite@gmail.com) your list of games. I have attached what I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rwaite; 24-02-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    It says something that having been born in 1990, but having watched just about every cricket special I find on TV, and all the highlights I can find online, I have never seen a second of footage from WSC.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know what was such an issue. But I the impression I get is that just because it didn't fit in with the ICC's veiw on what was official, it's been relegated to the same level as rebel tour matches.

Edit: Okay, so it's pretty easy to find scorecards, but regarding the highlights I still feel it's being made overly obscure.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 24-02-2011 at 05:41 AM.
    I only watch Shakespeare for the knob jokes

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    It says something that having been born in 1990, but having watched just about every cricket special I find on TV, and all the highlights I can find online, I have never seen a second of footage from WSC. I don't think I've even seen a scorecard.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know what was such an issue. But I the impression I get is that just because it didn't fit in with the ICC's veiw on what was official, it's been relegated to the same level as rebel tour matches.
    Yep, the ICC treats it that way. A few attempts have been made to include player's WSC stats into their official test figures to no avail.

In addition to the two specials I mentioned above I also have the two books "Cricket Alive" and "Cricket Alight" which cover each season very well.

Just watching some history of the World Cup tonight and noticed the Aussies were without their WSC players for the one in mid 1979 yet wasn't the reconciliation just before the World Cup? If so, why didn't Australia have their WSC players for it?

Cricket Spectator
    roger -i got one of the wsc episodes from channel 9 with highlights from season 1 and the making of cmon aussie cmon. what was in part 2 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information