• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

looking for World series cricket videos/dvds 1977-79

toovs

Cricket Spectator
Hi there

i am trying to find any collector who has some matches from the kerry packer days of WSC 1977-1979. willing to trade or buy some footage. I have a useful list of matches available.

in sydney - would love to hear from you!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
There are some matches I can trade/upload, I didnt buy all the WSC 70's stuff I have, some I did tape off tv myself. I'll get a list happening. You wouldnt happen to have any of the 1994 Aus tour to SA would you? One of the rare series I dont have complete footage of that i REALLY want.

robelinda

Ch 9 used to show many Packer matches in rain breaks, up until about 1995. Usually no supertests though. In 1997 they made a documentary of 20th anniversary of the WSC, pretty cool!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are some matches I can trade/upload, I didnt buy all the WSC 70's stuff I have, some I did tape off tv myself. I'll get a list happening. You wouldnt happen to have any of the 1994 Aus tour to SA would you? One of the rare series I dont have complete footage of that i REALLY want.
I've got about 10 minutes of footage on this series on Volume 1 of the old Cover Point "magazine" - I've just bought a gizmo to transfer video to DVD but can't make it work at the moment - as and when I can if you don't have that I'd be more than happy to do whatever is necessary to transfer it to you,

robelinda

Ive got all of those Cover Point videos, good stuff! Just not enough footage for me! Thanks anyway!

toovs

Cricket Spectator
thanks for clearing that up Rob, i remember recording the 1984 match vs West indies, the drawn one, they must have shown that one heaps of times!

robelinda

Oh yeah ch 9 used to always show that blasted tied final, fox have shown in HUNDREDS of times, so annoying!! Every time I just wish Rackemann and Lawson would get that one last run, and not get run out!!!!!!

rwaite

Cricket Spectator
I have a DVD on which I have taped the two 20 year anniversary specials that they had on Channel 9 on WSC in the late 70's which I am happy to trade for. I am waiting on another trader to send some footage he also has. He says he has a massive collection of games and he guesses he has about 3 hours worth of late 70's WSC.

robelinda

I have a DVD on which I have taped the two 20 year anniversary specials that they had on Channel 9 on WSC in the late 70's which I am happy to trade for. I am waiting on another trader to send some footage he also has. He says he has a massive collection of games and he guesses he has about 3 hours worth of late 70's WSC.
Yeah those two specials were great. They showed them during the Cricket Show at lunch yeah over two days?

I was sure I knew almost everyone who has 70's WSC on video, does your trader come from Tassie?

rwaite

Cricket Spectator
Yeah those two specials were great. They showed them during the Cricket Show at lunch yeah over two days?

I was sure I knew almost everyone who has 70's WSC on video, does your trader come from Tassie?
Yep, there was that Cricket Show special over 2 lunches and the main special they showed. The picture quality of my taping is fine but not great and I would love to upgrade the quality if you or someone has a better quality copy of them.

That trader's name is Glenn and he's from Melbourne. He contacted me after I enquired about 70's WSC games on another forum. I am after any 70's WSC games I can lay my hands on if you know of other traders who can help out.

What 70's WSC games do you have? Are you able to email me (rogwaite@gmail.com) your list of games. I have attached what I have.

Attachments

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
It says something that having been born in 1990, but having watched just about every cricket special I find on TV, and all the highlights I can find online, I have never seen a second of footage from WSC.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know what was such an issue. But I the impression I get is that just because it didn't fit in with the ICC's veiw on what was official, it's been relegated to the same level as rebel tour matches.

Edit: Okay, so it's pretty easy to find scorecards, but regarding the highlights I still feel it's being made overly obscure.

Last edited:

rwaite

Cricket Spectator
It says something that having been born in 1990, but having watched just about every cricket special I find on TV, and all the highlights I can find online, I have never seen a second of footage from WSC. I don't think I've even seen a scorecard.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know what was such an issue. But I the impression I get is that just because it didn't fit in with the ICC's veiw on what was official, it's been relegated to the same level as rebel tour matches.
Yep, the ICC treats it that way. A few attempts have been made to include player's WSC stats into their official test figures to no avail.

In addition to the two specials I mentioned above I also have the two books "Cricket Alive" and "Cricket Alight" which cover each season very well.

Just watching some history of the World Cup tonight and noticed the Aussies were without their WSC players for the one in mid 1979 yet wasn't the reconciliation just before the World Cup? If so, why didn't Australia have their WSC players for it?

toovs

Cricket Spectator
roger -i got one of the wsc episodes from channel 9 with highlights from season 1 and the making of cmon aussie cmon. what was in part 2 ?

rwaite

Cricket Spectator
roger -i got one of the wsc episodes from channel 9 with highlights from season 1 and the making of cmon aussie cmon. what was in part 2 ?
I believe the making of c'mon aussie was covered in part 2 of the two part special that was done by The Cricket Show. That two-part show is one of the two presentation I have recorded. The other was another 20 year anniversary special. If you want a copy of that just email me your postal address.

rwaite

Cricket Spectator
There were a couple of great official books produced which had heaps of colour photos of all the stats from the two seasons of WSC in the 70's called Cricket Alive (1977/78) and Cricket Alight (1978/79). I have both of these and they are fantastic collectors items!

I've done a bit of a search online for those who'd like to pick up a second hand copy of them. Amazon has one copy of the first season book (Amazon.com: Cricket Alive! World Series Cricket : the First Exciting Year (9780855587987): Richie (introduction by) Benaud: Books). The second season season can be bought at Cricketbooks

I was trying to find the stats for the famous match where Wayne Daniel's won the game with a six off the second last ball and eventually found it after much looking. The reason it was so difficult to find was because it was a "practice" game in between the preliminary games of the International Cup that counted for points and the finals of the first season.

There's an International Cup final that sells at Cricket Videos, Cricket Match, Cricket Dvds Online - Buy Cricket Matches and this game appears to be the final of the first season at the Sydney Showground where the West Indies were bowled out for 124 but then bowled Australia out for 99 to win.

Wikipedia also has a couple of great articles on the original World Series Cricket:
History - World Series Cricket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stats - World Series Cricket Results - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

greatmate

Cricket Spectator
world series cricket footage 1977-79 any Barry Richards?

Hi Guys im new to this site. im a massive Barry Richards fan. Has any body got any footage of him in World series cricket ( his 207?) or anything? would love to hear from you

smash84

The Tiger King
There were a couple of great official books produced which had heaps of colour photos of all the stats from the two seasons of WSC in the 70's called Cricket Alive (1977/78) and Cricket Alight (1978/79). I have both of these and they are fantastic collectors items!

I've done a bit of a search online for those who'd like to pick up a second hand copy of them. Amazon has one copy of the first season book (Amazon.com: Cricket Alive! World Series Cricket : the First Exciting Year (9780855587987): Richie (introduction by) Benaud: Books). The second season season can be bought at Cricketbooks

I was trying to find the stats for the famous match where Wayne Daniel's won the game with a six off the second last ball and eventually found it after much looking. The reason it was so difficult to find was because it was a "practice" game in between the preliminary games of the International Cup that counted for points and the finals of the first season.

There's an International Cup final that sells at Cricket Videos, Cricket Match, Cricket Dvds Online - Buy Cricket Matches and this game appears to be the final of the first season at the Sydney Showground where the West Indies were bowled out for 124 but then bowled Australia out for 99 to win.

Wikipedia also has a couple of great articles on the original World Series Cricket:
History - World Series Cricket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stats - World Series Cricket Results - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Great job..........would love to see some WSC action.......its hard to come by though

scoop1966

Cricket Spectator
WSC Footage

Hi cricket people,

I am new to this forum but I remember this period of cricket when I was a kid and it was awesome. There must have been some licensing issues to keep it of the official releases this long.

RWAITE would you consider a dvd trade of the two 20 year anniversary specials. I have a few cricket DVD's such as the last three Ashes sets and a few other dvd's, Otherwise if you have a few bands you like I have a fair music dvd collection.

If anyone else has any related footage they would like to swap for I'd be very happy!

Thanks,

Scoop